Hacking Can I downgrade from 9.5 sysnand via hardware mod to 9.2 using a 9.2 emunand backup?

aurox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a regular 3ds that I updated to 9.5 I used to use gateway on it when sysnand was on 9.2 and I have backed up my 9.2 emunand, now I want to downgrade via the hardware mod to use cfw. I read before that emunand can be flashed onto the nand directly. Is this going to work or not?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, it won't work that way. Flashing emunand backup to sysnand will lead to a brick unless it's 8.1 emunand backup base on my experience.

You can try to do that. Make sure you do a backup of your 9.5 sysnand first. Good luck.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You can't flash an updated emunand, but you can flash a 9.0-9.2 emunand created from a 9.0-9.2 sysnand. :)

This is correct

No, it won't work that way. Flashing emunand backup to sysnand will lead to a brick unless it's 8.1 emunand backup base on my experience.

You can try to do that. Make sure you do a backup of your 9.5 sysnand first. Good luck.

8.1 was the last of a native firm so if you updated past 8.1 it wouldn't have worked for you. As @VerseHell said its all based on native firm at the time of setting up emunand. I also have ways of making emunand backups made on older versions work as well with some tinkering

Reactions: thaikhoa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?