Hacking Question Can I downgrade from 9.0.1?

Americanista

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just like the title says. I haven't modded my switch in any way.

What's the best way to do it? Downgrade? Or install a patch directly?

Thanks for your answers.

Americanista

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Finally, after a few mishaps, I was able to install Atmosphere on my switch. Thanks guys for your help.

I have two questions.

- I read (and experienced) that the CFW is "temporary". That means I can reboot my switch, load the OFW and play online like nothing happened or there's a risk of getting banned?
- Can I keep the switch online? Or should I keep it disconnected at all times?

Again, thanks for your help. :toot:

Last edited by Americanista,

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your sysnand is clean then you can go online on it AS LONG as its the stock option and not with cfw. You need an emunand for this though. You need to keep it offline at all times on a cfw nand, even when not using any of the uncertified software.

Americanista

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If your sysnand is clean then you can go online on it AS LONG as its the stock option and not with cfw. You need an emunand for this though. You need to keep it offline at all times on a cfw nand, even when not using any of the uncertified software.

Ok, how do I know if my sysnand is clean?

Okaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Ok, how do I know if my sysnand is clean?
The only real way to know is if you created a NAND backup prior to installing cfw.
Otherwise, you can try going to eshop on what you think is the clean sysnand and see if you get an error code. This is very risky however as if you have a 'dirty' nand it could lead to a ban later.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Finally, after a few mishaps, I was able to install Atmosphere on my switch. Thanks guys for your help.

I have two questions.

- I read (and experienced) that the CFW is "temporary". That means I can reboot my switch, load the OFW and play online like nothing happened or there's a risk of getting banned?
- Can I keep the switch online? Or should I keep it disconnected at all times?

Again, thanks for your help. :toot:
High chance of getting flagged for a ban if you have any nsps installed. If you want to play online safely you should make an emuNAND/emuMMC and use that for CFW keeping your sysNAND for legit, OFW use only.

Americanista

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys, Thank you very much for all your help.

I was able to install Atmosphere, I had problems installing NSPs directly, so I tried via USB and after a few tries, I was able to do this.

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to hack my switch until the end of it's life cycle (don't want to get banned). Hopefully the last update ever released will be exploitable.

Americanista

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't want to hack my switch until the end of it's life cycle (don't want to get banned). Hopefully the last update ever released will be exploitable.

I agree. But I had some money saved and got a Switch V2, I hacked the old one, and will only use it as a repository/emulation station

Reactions: RedRose30

Jatstacks1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question my switch was already hack I was playing games and everything one day i pick up my switch and it wouldn't boot up into cfw now they saying my switch is patch out of no where

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended