Gaming Can I downgrade a Phat with 3.11?

Jaxtaylor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all

Quick question, is it possible to downgrade a phat with 3.11? I've been trawling google, and there are so many old and outdated posts, i'm not entirely sure what i'm reading!

I've managed to do it to my slim, which was fine, but seeing as this one is a mate's psp, i'm being a little more careful!!

Thanks.

Jaxtaylor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks all - I just needed confirmation...now...can anyone direct me to a decent guide pretty please?
yaypsp.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you use Pandora Battery solution, you don't.

I know you can go straight to at least 3.80 M33. I've done it one more than one occasion.

D

Deleted User

If you have Lumines:

Just update to 3.50 then use the Lumines exploit
smile.gif

Search Google for more info
biggrin.gif

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
AshuraZero said:
If you use Pandora Battery solution, you don't.

I know you can go straight to at least 3.80 M33. I've done it one more than one occasion.

I'd imagine that it's probably safer to go straight to the latest firmware since less flashing is involved but how do you do it? Last time I used Pandora it had to go to a subset of fw150 because you have to put the 150 eboot on the magic memory stick.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Whats the point of a Pandoras battery if you'll dont mind answering a Nintendo Nuts query? I mean, whats the point of it? To provide power to the unit during the process?

No ... it allows access to previously inaccessible 'parts' of the PSP (simplest explanation)

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Whats the point of a Pandoras battery if you'll dont mind answering a Nintendo Nuts query? I mean, whats the point of it? To provide power to the unit during the process?
It allows you to boot into "Service mode" Which allows cool things like flashing directly to the PSP's NAND (The flash memmory which contain the firmware)

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think it all went down like this: -People sent bricked PSPs for Sony to repair
-homebrew developers wonder how this was done
-someone leaked that Sony has a special battery that allows them to flash the PSP even when they are bricked
-group of developers band together to figure it out
-someones PSP gets accidentally sent back with a "special battery" after getting fixed from Sony (I believe that someone actually put up the battery on ebay)
-group of developers eventually figure how to recreate the battery and dub it "Pandora", release it to the public. One downgrade to rule them all.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
matriculated said:
I think it all went down like this: -People sent bricked PSPs for Sony to repair
-homebrew developers wonder how this was done
-someone leaked that Sony has a special battery that allows them to flash the PSP even when they are bricked
-group of developers band together to figure it out
-someones PSP gets accidentally sent back with a "special battery" after getting fixed from Sony (I believe that someone actually put up the battery on ebay)
-group of developers eventually figure how to recreate the battery and dub it "Pandora", release it to the public. One downgrade to rule them all.
That should be a book. It's epic.
blink.gif

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Lumines(The first one. It also has to be from around....15 months ago or so.) you can downgrade from 3.50.
If you have Grand Theft Auto - Vice City Stories(Or Liberty. Not sure on the exact one...) you can downgrade from 3.21(Don't quote me on this one. It's in the 2x IIRC)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all