Can I disable or lower all sound and music that plays outside of a game?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BattleAxeRX, Sep 14, 2013.

1. BattleAxeRX
    OP

BattleAxeRX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2013
    United States
    Hi, I'm new/ITGuywithaWii (A "mib" on the chat interface)/Battleaxe.

I have a black wii 4.3u that I used letterbomb on.
    Installed the following:
    HBC
    BootMii
    PriiLoader
    CFG USB Loader

I tried to remove all sound using the hacks_hash.ini options, but it didn't have any effect... I guess it only handles the system menu (I want more control than that)

The 2 main things I don't like making noise (Because I plug my headphones directly into my composite cables sometimes and there's no volume control until I get into a game) are the pre-game, game-specific music that plays inside of CFG USBL as well as inside of the system menu "DVD channel," and the loud as hell bing-bong noise when pressing the home button during gameplay.

If I could wrestle this last issue, I will be all set. :)

Thanks for reading and your time,

-Battleaxe

2. mike333

mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    Poland
    All sounds which are "post game launch" are game specific.
    So it might look like there is some kind of supervisor in Wii which activates on home button press but in fact this is all bundled in game from Nintendo Wii SDK.
    Clever/universal patching might be possible.

3. BattleAxeRX
    OP

BattleAxeRX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2013
    United States
    Oh that is very interesting. I can't do patching on my own... if that's what it takes then it may be more trouble than it's worth.

And pre launch sounds (music) in cfg usb loader can't be controlled? I assume priiloader system menu hacks can only control system menu... But i'll only ever go in there to get to the Wii options.