Can i delete wii channels?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by jimmyjam, Jun 27, 2007.

Jun 27, 2007

Can i delete wii channels? by jimmyjam at 7:06 PM (1,450 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. jimmyjam
    OP

Newcomer jimmyjam Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Somehow i managed to have 2 News channels and 2 weather channels. Can i delete 1 of each and if so how?

2. Dazimus

Member Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Same problem here also, I've wondered the same thing.

3. gamermole

Banned gamermole Banned

United Kingdom
    ok im not sure but i think you can go int wii channel options from clicking on the wii logo bottom left on the main menu. ill go take a look now guys.

EDIT no you cant well not that i know of you can the others just not the news and weather ones

4. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    did you guys try to run brain academy for wii? That's the only time I've heard of people getting duplicate channels because of the update. AFAIK you can't remove the channels. Perhaps you can do a format of some description, or you could just move the two duplicates to later on in the wii channels page

5. Dazimus

Member Dazimus GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yep mine came from trying Brain Academy, I'll try moving the channels to later slots tho, cheers.

6. jimmyjam
    OP

United Kingdom
    Formatted the System memory but it still left the 2 Forecast and weather channels! WTF can i do here?

BTW, i got duplicates after running the Pokemon update on a PAL system.

7. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Running PAL updates on a PAL system shouldn't mess up anything at all. I expect Nintendo to come with a fix soon.

8. aligborat69

Member aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

The next PAL wii game released with an update, possibly Brain Academy in a couple of weeks, should fix your problem.

I know the USA guys who did a PAL update on their machines and ended up with double channels, they had it sorted when they ran the latest USA updates.

9. jimmyjam
    OP

United Kingdom
    It was a USA update on a PAL console. It didn't actually update, it did the usual thing of going through the process but i always make sure my PAL wii is up to date before running a USA game.

10. Venger82

Newcomer Venger82 Member

United Kingdom
    Same problem here guys. I ran Pokemon update on my PAL console. Got duplicate channels (weather and news) so I formatted my Wii. Dont bother, it does not get rid of them. You do lose all your Mii's etc though.

Hope it does not mess my wii up when PAL gets future updates