Hacking Can I delete the license request.dat?7

Caleb Metzger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sxos and have the actual license on the root of my sd card. Everything works great but as a bit of a eccentrist I was wondering if it would be safe to delete the license request file since I already own a license? Thank you guys in advance! :)

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I backed up all the SXOS related files to a folder on my PC and deleted the license-request.dat file from my SD card (still have the backup). Everything still runs smoothly.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I have a question... What if I decided to completely initialize and format my switch would the license still be activated?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question... What if I decided to completely initialize and format my switch would the license still be activated?
The license is tied to the activated license on your SD card; when the license is activated, it doesn't install anything to your console but the license does grab information from your console to make it console-specific.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that the license.request.dat is useless once you´ve got the licence.dat.., this one you should back it up on a safe place in case something goes wrong with your sd card...

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that the license.request.dat is useless once you´ve got the licence.dat.., this one you should back it up on a safe place in case something goes wrong with your sd card...
simple as that,you dont need the license request.dat as soon as you have the license.dat. you answered his question and also do not forget if you erase the license.dat and you dont have a backup of it you tx wont work without it.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
and also do not forget if you erase the license.dat and you dont have a backup of it you tx wont work without it.
Exactly, I forgot the case where there´s nothing wrong with the sd card, but you just mess with the files on the sd...:blink::D

Edit : you can also note the finger print shown in the license info of the Sx menu and save it as a .txt file in case you loose the license.dat backup...:wacko:..I Know, It’s kind of panaroid, but who Knows with hack and computers :D...

Last edited by Maupiti,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent) +1