Can I convert DS-X saves to work on an R4?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by DarkZero, May 31, 2007.

1. DarkZero
    OP

DarkZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2007
    United States
    I know there is a save converter and stuff but I didn't know if it works for an R4. So is there a way to convert saves (or do I even need to) or do I basically get to start new games for everything?

2. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    not at all. R4 comes bundled with save converter, i believe it works perfectly with every type of save file, DS-X included.

3. DarkZero
    OP

DarkZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2007
    United States
    I tried that, but the DS-X save files are .sav and the converter does .dat and .nds.sav. I tried just renaming the file to .nds.sav and it converted but it didn't work on the R4. Do I just put the saves in the same folder as the games?

4. SnickS

SnickS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    The one bundled with the R4 also doesn't work for action replay saves (.duc), just google and you should find a custom save converter somewhere. Maybe you should first search for a converter that converts the save to .nds.sav or .dat and than use the converter bundled with the R4 the convert it to R4 save type, atleast that's how I did it [​IMG]

5. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
  6. DarkZero
    OP

DarkZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2007
    United States
    Wow, that is very handy. Thank you so very much

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice