Hacking can i connect to eshop without updating my firmware?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh i see, is there a way to access the 3DS microsd without unscrewing the faceplates? where would i go to get this ntr.bin if i can ask?

EDIT: think i found the ntr.bin myself

Google NTR CFW to find NTR CFW 2.2 thread, download all the necessary files and use this thread for instructions http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-spoof-firmware-to-access-eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/
There's no other way to access microSD other than unscrewing the backplate, which at this point i just keep unscrewed.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google NTR CFW to find NTR CFW 2.2 thread, download all the necessary files and use this thread for instructions http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...w-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/page-24#post-5462283

There's no other way to access microSD other than unscrewing the backplate, which at this point i just keep unscrewed.
MicroSD management in settings works fine at any version. It's not fast, but with how small ntr.bin is it's irrelevant for the time being.
Going to want to unscrew it when you format emunand, though

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MicroSD management in settings works fine at any version. It's not fast, but with how small ntr.bin is it's irrelevant for the time being.
Going to want to unscrew it when you format emunand, though

Wait what ? You can use MicroSD managment to transfer files from your computer to 3DS ? I didn't even know that :O

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Google NTR CFW to find NTR CFW 2.2 thread, download all the necessary files and use this thread for instructions http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...w-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/page-24#post-5462283

You gave a permalink to a post that is irrelevant.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if i use microSD management i'd have to connect the 3DS to my wifi network though no?

wouldn't that automaticaly force 9.7 firmware download? i've kept the 3DS outside of my network and being paranoid about this

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if i use microSD management i'd have to connect the 3DS to my wifi network though no?

wouldn't that automaticaly force 9.7 firmware download? i've kept the 3DS outside of my network and being paranoid about this

No. Updates are never applied to your device automatically.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldn't that automaticaly force 9.7 firmware download?

It may download but it won't install unless you tell it to—and it won't download either unless you leave the 3DS in sleep mode WHILE connected to wifi. And if it does download, you can delete it by booting into recovery mode.

You also can't install NTR without connecting to the internet. Or use the eShop.

Edit: Ninja'd again.

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Connecting in itself won't do anything. Trying to connect to eShop or perform a system transfer will run an update check (but not install) prior to running which is what we patch out with NTR.
Updates can also be downloaded via Spotpass (which still aren't force installed and the nag can be cleared safely), but if you're paranoid just turn off wireless before closing the system and turn it on as needed.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It may download but it won't install unless you tell it to—and it won't download either unless you leave the 3DS in sleep mode WHILE connected to wifi. And if it does download, you can delete it by booting into recovery mode.

You also can't install NTR without connecting to the internet. Or use the eShop.

Edit: Ninja'd again.

i tought it would be like the wii where it goes like "NEW FIRMWARE DETECTED! DOWNLOADING NOW!"

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tought it would be like the wii where it goes like "NEW FIRMWARE DETECTED! DOWNLOADING NOW!"
No matter what, unless you say go to system settings and choose to install, you can always say no.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kinda unrelated to my other question but since i'm here at this point i might even ask

is there a chance to use my old and decrepit acekard on my new3ds? my old ds touch screen is all busted and i would have loved to play some ouendan on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig +1