Hacking can i connect to eshop without updating my firmware?

D

Deleted-19228

He won't be able to use eshop at all with Gateway as it stands until they allow RAM editing (which won't happen since then people would be able to dump the gateway payload)

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
He won't be able to use eshop at all with Gateway as it stands until they allow RAM editing (which won't happen since then people would be able to dump the gateway payload)

But at least, when he will format emuNAND, everything he downloaded in sysNAND will be usable.

D

Deleted-19228

But you can't download anything to the sysnand. Only the rxtools emunand.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That sound complicated and totaly not worth the effort of downloading some demo

I bet there is no way to download them on my PC and install them like they were an android APK right?

D

Deleted-19228

Negative.
The process to retrieve ticket.db from the nand on a new 3ds is long. It's just not worth it.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That sound complicated and totaly not worth the effort of downloading some demo

I bet there is no way to download them on my PC and install them like they were an android APK right?

That is not complicated at all, you need to adjust from now on the security on consoles is going to get tighter and tighter, and the workarounds will be more complicated every time, this right now is not complicated.

People in that topic posted every step which is 5 steps total to patch e-Shop.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is not complicated at all, you need to adjust from now on the security on consoles is going to get tighter and tighter, and the workarounds will be more complicated every time, this right now is not complicated.

People in that topic posted every step which is 5 steps total to patch e-Shop.

It involve installing CFW though no? That's already more than what i an willing to do, i forgot to mention it's a N3DS

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it is that's easy i'd rather not muck with the console firmware, can the processo be reversed anyway?
NTR-CFW isn't what one might think a CFW is. It's a .bin file you put on the microsd and launch from a qr code in cubic ninja.
By itself, it doesn't modify the system in any way. It does, however, open the doors to these memory patches that grant access to online services among other things.
As it doesn't touch the system directly, there's nothing to reverse. Clear your cubic ninja save, delete ntr.bin and be on your merry way.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Ninja'd

NTR doesn't actually modify your NAND in any way, it just modifies stuff in RAM. As soon as you reboot, NTR effectively disappears.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NTR-CFW isn't what one might think a CFW is. It's a .bin file you put on the microsd and launch from a qr code in cubic ninja.
By itself, it doesn't modify the system in any way. It does, however, open the doors to these memory patches that grant access to online services among other things.
As it doesn't touch the system directly, there's nothing to reverse. Clear your cubic ninja save, delete ntr.bin and be on your merry way.

oh i see, is there a way to access the 3DS microsd without unscrewing the faceplates? where would i go to get this ntr.bin if i can ask?

EDIT: think i found the ntr.bin myself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small