Hacking Can I clone my own ext. HDD for myself?

karloz25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran out of room, and rather than downloading and tweaking files all over again, can i clone my external usb hard drive with another with higher capacity?

Brazilian Exploit USB Games
Thanks.

Fracta7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish there was a way but as of now its not possible. Sorry.

Edit: Glad to see I was wrong. I never thought of just using the WiiU itself to accomplish it.

Last edited by Fracta7,

AnonDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Uhh, I don't know if I am misunderstanding this, but aren't you talking about using Wii U's data transfer option to copy stuff to the other disk?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uhh, I don't know if I am misunderstanding this, but aren't you talking about using Wii U's data transfer option to copy stuff to the other disk?
I don't think that is what they were asking, but it probably is the quickest way to move to a new external if you have two enclosures and aren't swapping the drive in the enclosure itself.

That won't work for me for example, as I have multiple "external" hard drives, but I have disassembled my enclosure for that. 1 enclosure, 3 drives.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WiiU Data transfer app can transfer USB games to another USB??
When you plug in a second USB HDD, you will be asked to go to data management to manage storage. The Wii U can't use two drives at the same time but it will let you move/copy data between them from data management.
That's what they meant.
I believe that's the only way, as apparently there's some drive specific info stored on the drive and if you try to clone the drive that data won't match and the Wii U will refuse to use the drive or ask to format it.

karloz25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as apparently there's some drive specific info stored on the drive and if you try to clone the drive that data won't match and the Wii U will refuse to use the drive or ask to format it.

This statement refers to "cloning" the drive with PC Tools, etc.... correct?

Data Management should work using the WiiU to do it for me.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great, I will try it tonight, thanks.

I over-thought it.. seems straight forward and simple.
Right, when a lot of us that can provide proper information hear "clone" we really think using PCs to make an image and write it to a new drive, as I'm sure a lot of us that try to help, do other things outside the scenes (you probably do to). Sorry we were not more clear with our answers about "cloning". I hope you get your games and saves transferred successfully. :)

Reactions: karloz25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol