Can i buy Zelda Dlc over an Wup Zelda?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by julienbdes, Jun 13, 2017.

1. julienbdes
    OP

julienbdes GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2015
    Canada
    Hello, actually i do have a console with Zelda installed with WUP in my console and DLC. Rnning CBHC.

My friends, he's a collection guy, he bough the game and its still seal. I put on his console the Zelda but, we wondering if he buy the DLC on eshop if it will pair with the Wup game? He do not want to put CFW on his console for multi reason.

Looking forward

Thanks!

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You can use this guide to install Breath of the Wild DLC using Mocha CFW. After that, you don't need CFW anymore to run the game and its DLC.

If, instead, you want to buy legitimate DLC to go with WUP-installed Breath of the Wild, it should work just fine.

3. julienbdes
    OP

Sep 3, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks ill buy the DLC legitimate. Hope its work.
    I though DLC and eshop stuff had to run every time console boot to works :O

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    In general, you are correct. DLC, VC, and other eShop-only content generally requires CFW to be able to run. However, it is possible to disguise illegitimate DLC as legitimate DLC if you have access to legitimate DLC for that game. Since the language pack for Breath of the Wild is free and presents itself as legitimate DLC, it is possible to use the language pack DLC to disguise any illegitimate DLC by following the above guide.

5. julienbdes
    OP

Sep 3, 2015
    Canada
    Oh true i remember now. Thanks mini ToonLink @Lacius ! Might buy it but nice to know for future if need :)

6. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    If you want to buy with a wup installed game it will work without any issue.

aut0mat3d likes this.