Hacking Can I backup my save data on CFW?

relski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was wondering if I can backup save data on cfw so I can delete some games without worrying losing my progress.

relski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry,can u tell me where to find a compatible version of SDF with cfw?
i tried about 3 versions and all got "SD card error"
I can't link you to it but try googling it. I downloaded from a site that's expert on kicking ass *wink* and patch it wih the .csu to .cia patcher.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
dump the pokemon rom with gateway's launcher.....then you can extract the save.......cant do anything with it atm lol, but then if you start pokemon in MT classic mode, you can then use SDF to extract the save and use pkhex or whatever to mod your save.....but yeah, you wont be able to restore the one made on a 6.x console unless something changes in the future.....hmmm actually idk if the cfw reads retail cards with sdf.....it should do right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
wait, wat? SDF works with MT Classic Mode? Then why it doesnt work with Gateway Classic Mode?
no it doesnt what im saying is....sdf in the buggy cfw....extract new save made with MT classic mode....edit save, re-inject with sdf in cfw, then play retail card in MT classic mode.......PS i have no idea if it would work, but i "think" it should, assuming the cfw uses the same method of saving as classic mode and that it can read retail carts

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no it doesnt what im saying is....sdf in the buggy cfw....extract new save made with MT classic mode....edit save, re-inject with sdf in cfw, then play retail card in MT classic mode.......PS i have no idea if it would work, but i "think" it should, assuming the cfw uses the same method of saving as classic mode and that it can read retail carts

Hmm, got it. The thing is i wanted to extract my save that i started in sysNand to continue it in gateway :(
Looks like the only way is using powersave tho

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Now GBAtemp is recommending me THC pharmaceuticals.