Hacking Can I Ask Gamestation (UK) If I Could Update My Acekard 2i

need4speed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there can I ask Gamestation If I could update my Acekard 2i on one of there second hand ds lite console. So I can used It on my new DSi XL console I got over the weekend. Would they let me allowed to do that? Because I'm going out to see them tomorrow.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
who knows?
mellow.gif

but I think it would be better if you just ask them to "try one" and not tell them that you are going to use it for the acekard update

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't think so

How would you like it if you owned the shop & someone came in & said

'Can I use one of your secondhand units to update this flashcard so that it'll work on my new XL - so that I can download ROMS & play them [instead of me coming here & buying the game legally]?'

It would mean loss of business - wouldn't it ! - 'cos you've just let a potential customer get games for free

C175R said:
who knows?
mellow.gif

but I think it would be better if you just ask them to "try one" and not tell them that you are going to use it for the acekard update
But how would you be able to put in the card & update without them seeing ?? - you couldn't turn round with your back to them, otherwise they may think you might be swapping it for another hidden in your coat. Most probably they MAY let you try it - but they'll put a game in themselves.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I were them, I'd say "Sure", then after you'd pulled your little stunt, I would claim it isn't working properly after your unauthorized device was used in it, and force you to buy it.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
If I were them, I'd say "Sure", then after you'd pulled your little stunt, I would claim it isn't working properly after your unauthorized device was used in it, and force you to buy it.

ph34r.gif

Seriously, what's with these questions? Why in the world would a retail gamestore let you use one of their systems to update something that has the potential to play illegal ROMs? Use common sense, people...

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you might have a better chance if you call nintendo and ask the if you could borrow one of there ds's to update your flashcard. why did'nt you do it before you got the XL. some people just dont think ahead. you must have a friend who has a ds you could use for 2 mins...............................sudeki300

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Original poster confirmed dangerously underaged, but to be fair:

I am guessing you are gonna be almost getting called by police if you try that. They did not let people with flashcarts to even get the event pokemons (what are basically worthless)

so...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:

I am guessing you are gonna be almost getting called by police if you try that. They did not let people with flashcarts to even get the event pokemons (what are basically worthless)

so...

How can they stop you? You don't have to be in the store to get it...it's wireless...

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple answer: Just don't do it! Unless you want all this sh1t happening to you such as a possibility of your Acekard 2i taken off you and the cops coming over.
smile.gif

NO!

beamquaker

Trophies
XP
Country
dont. i asked them one time to wind them up if they sold Breaker Pro boot disks for the ps1 to play imported games . the guy gave me some speech that he must have got drilled into him at gay station school about how game station would not sell or condone any sort of illegal hardware or software . just get a friend to give you a loan of there's .

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
shinkukage09 said:
JereTHEend said:

so...

How can they stop you? You don't have to be in the store to get it...it's wireless...

Someone on this forum told he was shoo'd away for having a flashcart... dunno nothing else.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RupeeClock said:
They're trained to say "we don't take those R4/multi-games carts in, they're illegal."
Not only that; they also say "you shouldn't buy those illegal things, because Nintendo now has a way of tracking you down if you use it on the DSi"

No joke, they told me that shit when I got my DSi.

And to think some retarded people even believe that shit...

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What expense?
There is essentially no out of pocket costs to this scam.

The person is recommending that you purchase a used DSL to perform the upgrade.
Perform the upgrade and then return the used unit under false pretenses saying that you are not satisfied with the unit.
This would probably work in most cases. However, it is both immoral and unethical to do so.

If enough people do this we will see the end of "satisfaction guarenteed" warranties.
The problem with common sense is that it is no longer common.

This is no different than buying a large screen TV to have a great Super Bowl party only to return it after the party because you are "dissatidfied".

Hasn't anyone notices the quality of NDS games deteriorating due to rampant widespread piriacy?
Ask yourself why there is a preponderance of shovelware and fewer noteworthy titles today than even a few years ago?

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
1) Buy used DS
2) Go outside, do the update
3) Go back in and tell them you've just been called up by your girlfriend as she has just picked you up a DSxl
4) As you are given a refund, at the moment you have the money tell them the true story and run off cackling to yourself maniacally.
5) Go hang your head in shame as what you have done hits you, and hits you hard! For you have sinned.
6) Have a nice wank.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans