Hacking Question Can Hekate or SX boot downgraded firmwares?

Bakugo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamid.ml
XP
Country
United States
I want to update to play Splatoon online but still be able to go back to 5.1.0 when I want to use things like LFS if they're still not fixed by then. Do any current CFWs bypass the panic when too many fuses are burnt?

Bakugo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamid.ml
XP
Country
United States
Use choidujournx. That's homebrew.
There a small tut in my guide if you want (under extra)
And every cfw can now bypass fuse check
That's not what I asked
I don't want CFW running when I play online.
And I'm specifically asking about being able to boot with too many fuses, not being able to boot without burning any. Two different things.
Some people have told me that it works while others say it doesn't.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, how can I trust anyone here when someone with 21k posts has absolutely no idea what they're talking about...
I was really hoping a developer could answer.
You fool
If you update with the Homebrew it won't burn any fuses, so you'll be able to downgrade back to 5.1 when you want to.

Ethan34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Yes, hekate and sx os v1.3+ can boot downgraded firmware, as completely bypass fuse check.
Other people in thread probable assume you care about burnt fuse, which is why they recomended update with choidujour. however, if you dont, you can update without worries :)
(may also interest you: hekate can boot firmware without any cfw, while stil patching fuse check. may be a good idea to do this in combinaton with choidujour update.!)

Last edited by Ethan34,
Reactions: Bakugo

Bakugo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamid.ml
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't you be able to run the ofw?
Because I don't want to risk a ban.

Yes, hekate and sx os v1.3+ can boot downgraded firmware, as completely bypass fuse check.
Other people in thread probable assume you care about burnt fuse, which is why they recomended update with choidujour. however, if you dont, you can update without worries :)
(may also interest you: hekate can boot firmware without any cfw, while stil patching fuse check. may be a good idea to do this in combinaton with choidujour update.!)
I guess this is a good enough answer, thanks. Just gonna update then and see if it works later.

Reactions: Ethan34

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
See, how can I trust anyone here when someone with 21k posts has absolutely no idea what they're talking about...
I was really hoping a developer could answer.
There's no reason to belittle my comment because your question wasn't very clear. You asked if you could downgrade, I gave the answer to a method of downgrading. It also appears several others saw the same in your post, so maybe you should take some personal responsibility and realize that it's quite possible your post wasn't clear to begin with.

Bakugo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamid.ml
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason to belittle my comment because your question wasn't very clear. You asked if you could downgrade, I gave the answer to a method of downgrading. It also appears several others saw the same in your post, so maybe you should take some personal responsibility and realize that it's quite possible your post wasn't clear to begin with.
I was referring to this part of the post, which is why I quoted it: "then you will burn a fuse by downgrading" how do you burn a fuse by downgrading? It makes no sense.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Allow me to be more clear: you burn fuses by upgrading. Not downgrading. You aren't as smart as you think you are :)
I can make mistakes and it seems I've made an error in my research. The Switch scene is still very new to me and something I've only started very recently looking into. Mistakes will happens on my end until I get deeper into the scene, so I do appreciate the clarification.
It's worth noting that post count, level, etc. is not a gauge of accuracy. Mistakes will happen and most don't mind being corrected, that's how people learn. Just some advice, try to be a little more understanding of people and working with them.

Last edited by The Catboy,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do a fuseless upgrade to 6.0 you can downgrade back to 5.1 with no issues

If you do burn a fuse when upgrading to 6.0 you can downgrade back to 5.1 but you’ll have to use Hekate or something to start your system and sleep mode won’t work

Reactions: andeers and Bakugo

cattivik66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I you want to boot OFW, without any payload, you burn up to 7 fuses. You can still be able to downgrade and run the CFW you want, but then when you want to go online with OFW you again need to to 6.0.

Anyway, all this work would not save you from a ban. You would need to:
1. make a backup before any strange change
2. upgrade to 6.0 OFW
3. make another backup, that's your "start point" at 6.0
4. play online
5. finished to play, want to run CFW 5.1? Make a backup right now, downgrade
6. enjoy CFW
7. finished that? save everything you want manually (like saves of games using a homebrew software), then restore you backup done at point 3.
8. enjoy your 6.0. When you want to go back to CFW 5.1 go to step 3.

Or, more simply, buy another console.

PS: note, backups and restore from hekate, to avoid any trace of logs

Last edited by cattivik66,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye-guys-girls-others.653902/#post-10401826