Homebrew Can HANS be used to download from the Japan eShop on a US 3DS?

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm asking simple/impossible questions, I just want to know and there's no official thread for it. Thanks in advance.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You get an error forcing you to hard shutdown by doing that. I planned on giving a screenshot, but I couldn't use the button combo to go back, so that probably didn't even work either.

EDIT: On another note. Your eShop region is tied to your actual account, so it obviously wouldn't have worked anyway. I was curious myself though. I set the language and region to JP.

Last edited by Selim873,
Reactions: PF2M

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You get an error forcing you to hard shutdown by doing that. I planned on giving a screenshot, but I couldn't use the button combo to go back, so that probably didn't even work either.

EDIT: On another note. Your eShop region is tied to your actual account, so it obviously wouldn't have worked anyway. I was curious myself though. I set the language and region to JP.

Emunand with secondary account created for Japanese region?

This is why we need an Account Spoofer, make a Homebrew to switch accounts for different regions.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is why we need an Account Spoofer, make a Homebrew to switch accounts for different regions.

I totally want to make an alternate account on my Wii U, log into that on my 3DS, and make an illegal Miiverse post and try not to get banned on my main.
I have 100+ digital games though, and I don't want to have to re-buy them all, so that's not something I can do.
So an account SWITCHER would be cool too.

I'm just glad to have eShop access at all, though.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean, if you're under 9.3 with kernel, I guess. I have an O3DSXL motherboard from my original primary system. I plan on finding a way to hardmod it and extracting it's NAND for something like that. The motherboard alone won't even stay on for longer than 10 seconds, even while plugged in. It'll probably emergency shut down with the CPU plugged into the PC anyway. It's for the purpose to extract my US account if that ever becomes possible down the road. Not likely if ever possible though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs