Can hackers access my MediaFire files?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to store some extremely top-secret stuff on my MediaFire account (mostly just .txt files with important notes) But i don't want hackers taking my txt files and using them for their own purposes.
So i'm wondering if MediaFire can get hacked and people can download my stuff. If it can, then is there any other file-sharing site where i can safely store my txt files without worry?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anything that is stored online could be accessed by others as well.

You're far better off storing your files on a offline flashdrive or burning then to optical media if you want to back them up.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Encrypting files is a great idea, until you forget the decryption key.

If you want to backup precious data, just back them up to external drives or whatever.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just use external hard drive portable. That's what I am using.. 500 GB and 1TB. They are great and it is secure in your house. Worry free. :)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
you can get good old true crypt (version 7.1) not sure if there is something better and trustable like true crypt nowadays.. true crypt up to 7.1 is open source.. and it was auditioned, with only 2 flaws (not that big flaws anyway, they are related to entire SO encription, so normal containers are still ok..)
and create a container with all your files, it's a great tool
sadly the developers abandon it or somehing hapepned they released a new version that just decrypts and people are suspicious about this last version since it's closed source..
it's still a good and functional software

Last edited by migles,
D

Deleted-355425

Lastpass lets you store text in secure notes and you can use 2factor security and its encrypted etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: