Can GameCube Games By Played On USBLoaders?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by rongmario, Dec 24, 2010.

Dec 24, 2010
  1. rongmario
    OP

Newcomer rongmario Member

United States
    Hi guyz! I wanted to post this topic to know more about USBLoaders (WiiFlow,USBLoader,ULoader)Because I don't think I can ever manage to play GameCube Backups on my Wii........(Because is a..BLACK WII!)so anyway to play GC backups with USBLoaders??(any!) also plz tell me more about these Loaders!
    THANKS!

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
  3. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    This question has been asked soooo many times..lol But as you are new to the forums, and it's the holidays, I'll cut you some slack. But next time, search the forums!!!

Short answer is sadly no.

GameCube games, unlike Wii games expect to access the hardware directly. In order to get all GC games to work, you have to take into account all the nuances in how they each interface with the hardware. To make matters worse, when the Wii plays GC games, it pretty much shuts off access to all parts of the Wii that make it different from a GC. There have been some crafty attempts at getting aspects of USB Loading of GC games working, but nothing that is remotely close to a 100% solution. The closest to success was the DIOS MIOS project that is based off of SNEEK, but development is dead as far as I know.

-Happy Holidays! []D

4. conanac

Member conanac Be an Angel

United States
    If you have USB Gecko, then you could use USB-Boot for playing gamecube games where you store those ISO files in PC.
    And if you have SD Media Launcher, you dont need to install any custom IOS or MIOS and it works with the latest system menu.

I just put a video to show that it works (sound works OK, and the game play is reasonable, but not as fast as you may want).
    In this video I used UNEEK set-up, but real NAND was tested to work as well.

5. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    you could also just pay the $4 to get one of these, and then use sd-boot to load some games (compatibility list)

6. rongmario
    OP

Newcomer rongmario Member

United States
    THANKS GUYZ!!