Can flashcarts be confiscated at uk or mexico airports

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tomosh22, Oct 26, 2013.

1. tomosh22
    OP

tomosh22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2013
    Im going on holiday to mexico from the uk in a few days and i was wondering if at one of the airports, when i put my bag through the scanner thing (the one you shouldnt put your hand in), if they could detect the dstwo and confiscate it. I heard that 1000s of flashcarts had been confiscated before.

2. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Only if your smuggling 100's :P

Doubt they would be all "GIMMEH YOUR DS GOTTA CHECK FOR FLASH CARD!"

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    As Kouen Hasuki said if you are bringing in a crate of the things someone might raise an eyebrow. To the best of my knowledge anybody going with a personal use sort of thing has never had anything confiscated anywhere and hundreds of us go through airports all the time with them and it has not happened a single time that has been reported on (and I imagine that is the very sort of thing we would hear about at the first available opportunity).
    If they somehow did then it would be far more likely because they are confiscating all electronic items because they think you are doing something else wrong which is quite easy to avoid doing.

4. tomosh22
    OP

tomosh22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2013
    so youve done it?

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Me? Several times as have hundreds of other flash cart users.
    Granted not to Mexico but it is not like they have the harshest IP laws anyway.

6. tomosh22
    OP

tomosh22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2013
    ok thanks, I'll just do it

7. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    I've crossed the UK, Norway, Sweden and Denmark boarders through airports and boat ports with my DSLite loaded with flash carts in both slot 1 and 2 as well as my CFW PSP they never say a word

8. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    Nah, it's almost as silly as checking through your laptop for pirated software/games.​