NULL

Can EZ Flash play TMNT for GBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Archangel22, May 20, 2019.

1. Archangel22
    OP

Archangel22 Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    Australia
    Noticed a bug with it. I cant load mission 2. I beat mission 1, after the stage is beaten I walk around the sewer where splinter and your trophies are located, but when I select mission 2 and my characters just a blank black screen is shown. Ive redone the mission and tried a clean new save but still a black screen

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Are you using the absolute latest kernel? And is there any patches available for your game to fix this?

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Have you trimmed the ROM or otherwise got one that was? I have not done the internet rounds in years to see what GBA ROMs are being shared but if it is anything like the other devices out there some people running ROM distribution type setups have got a bit of a fetish for chopping things they deem unnecessary from ROMs. Simple check is the size exactly 4,8,16 or 32 megabytes. In this case both regions are apparently 64 Mbit so that will be 8 megabytes.
    If memory serves this game did not like the conventional GBA style trimming where you find the first thing that is not a 00 or FF and chop after that (normally it works but it is far from impossible that it takes legit data). If it is the one I am thinking of then if you still wanted to trim I jumped a few dozen bytes forward from said first 00/FF, changed something there to not be 00 or FF and trimmed normally after that (I might have even made a quick IPS patch for it).

4. Archangel22
    OP

Archangel22 Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    Australia
    Yep I have the latest firmware from ez flash loaded on my cart and no idea about trimming. Got the roms from a site I found that had the complete library of gba and all other roms work just fine for me but TMNT. Havent played them all but I have tried countless games from that same zip and just noticed TMNT not going beyond stage 1