Can EZ-Flash 3-in-1 play clean GBA roms?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Trulen, Apr 21, 2008.

Apr 21, 2008
  1. Trulen
    OP

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hiya.

I've been looking at the EZ Flash 3-in-1 for quite a long time.

But never bought it because you needed to patch it before you played it, and could only have one to play at a time (I like having a selection). But this is merely what I've speculated after research.

But now I look, and there's this program called "GbaExploader"

I THINK it can play a selection of roms. I don't mind patching them. Though I do mind if I have to run back to my comptuer to patch a rom any time I want to play one.

Does the new 3-in-1 work on CycloDS AND can do what I want it to?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Yes and yes.

3. Trulen
    OP

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the fast reply.

I should be ordering one from realhotstuff.com soon.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    To give you a bit more detail, all you have to do is put GBA ExpLoader and the clean GBA roms on the memory card and you're ready to go. The roms can go in any folder, and you can specify where saves and patch info files* will be stored by editing the .ini file that comes with GBA ExpLoader. GBA ExpLoader should create all the folders it needs automatically.

* The 3-in-1 can't actually run clean roms, so GBA ExpLoader scans them for the save type info and patches them automatically when you load them. Scanning the roms takes longer than just loading them, so files with the patch info are kept in a folder on the card so that the roms only have to be scanned once.

You can always get the latest version of GBA ExpLoader from the author's Blog: http://kotei.blog.so-net.ne.jp/

5. PigVenus

Member PigVenus GBAtemp Regular

Sri Lanka

Thanks, Destructobot. That is all news to me. Good information. I have always used GBA ExpLoader, but never fully understood how it works.