Can .elf homebrew be installed as a channel on the NAND in some way?

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now I just feel dumb, not only does your version work, but I tried moving mine back to the NAND and trying it again, and sure enough it worked. I must have froze earlier for a different reason, probably had another homebrew app running and didn't realize it. I definitely feel foolish lol.
Happy to hear that, from my experience when you create the image tags, in rare case it's not enough to respect the required parameters....... there are some colours spectre specs and layers of the image (now I don't remember which one) that you can modify and set it with only Professional softwares like Photoshops, so you cannot see such parameters (in Paint example or other simple picture editing softwares) if they are strange and apparently you prepared the Tags in propper way with the right parameter as should be, with this buggy tags (again apparently fine) the Wii U could have the symphotms of freezing during the boot stage app.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to jump in the discussion but i have to ask

Did you just use Haxchi to create it? Paid DS Game or Donwnloaded with a fake title?

I have a similar issue as @MikaDubbz, I installed Tiramisu and would like to run Padcon from the quick menu ((so far i open miimaker from menu to load HBL > Padcon and it works fine ✅))

I tried Haxchi (DS Game stored in NAND) with Config File > default=wiiu/apps/padcon/padcon.elf And system crashes everytime ❌

@MikaDubbz If you find a solution for your situation please give a feedback, i want to do the same thing

<< Open Question @MikaDubbz How did you install Haxchi in USB to run .elf files? When i install Haxchi it only allows to install in NAND.... did you just move the game? didn't crash the system? >>
For create the Channles in Haxchi you no need the paid version game from the Nintendo shop, you can use your own beckuped DS games.

If you want I will try to create for you the files for Padcon (another software that i don't use)....let me know.

Reactions: ArgoRV

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy to hear that, from my experience when you create the image tags, in rare case it's not enough to respect the required parameters....... there are some colours spectre specs and layers of the image (now I don't remember which one) that you can modify and set it with only Professional softwares like Photoshops, so you cannot see such parameters (in Paint example or other simple picture editing softwares) if they are strange and apparently you prepared the Tags in propper way with the right parameter as should be, with this buggy tags (again apparently fine) the Wii U could have the symphotms of freezing during the boot stage app.
That's certainly possible, I did make custom images as I tend to do for these kinds of channels, typically without issue, but I was messing around with transparency properties for various layers, putting effects on fonts and stuff, and I could see that all maybe coming into play with why it froze before.

(these are the images I used if anyone is curious (if anyone wants them for themselves, feel free to use them, just convert them to proper .tga format))
iconTex.png

icon
bootDrcTex.png

GamePad
bootTvTex.png

TV

And anyone curious, N64 Widescreen, is just the stretched to fill the display mod for all of my N64 VC titles and injects.

Reactions: CrisMod

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
For create the Channles in Haxchi you no need the paid version game from the Nintendo shop, you can use your own beckuped DS games.

If you want I will try to create for you the files for Padcon (another software that i don't use)....let me know.
I would apreciate it. since i don't know a thing of icon editing. How don't you use padcon? turning off gamepad screen i thought it was basic for most of users 😲
I will try to run the channel in a backup game. thanks for making that clear for me

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would apreciate it. since i don't know a thing of icon editing. How don't you use padcon? turning off gamepad screen i thought it was basic for most of users 😲
I will try to run the channel in a backup game. thanks for making that clear for me
When I go back to home later I will do for you and post here the files.....

Padcon, I didn't looking for it because in my case when I have time I use the Wii U in mobile mode with the Pad. But for my Wii U son , i believe it's more usefully as he plays with the Wii U by the TV almost the time 😉.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @Rgorgory , below you will find the zip file, with the files for create the Padcon Channel by Haxchi, I have tested and everything it's working fine.

The folders/sub-folders and file must to be spelled as this: /wiiu/apps/Padcon/padcon.elf

Thank you to let me know this app....

The following are the preview images:

Icon

iconTex copia.jpg

TV
bootTvTex copia.jpg

Pad
bootDrcTex copia.jpg

Attachments

• Padcon for Haxchi.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Last edited by CrisMod,

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you so much. Will give it a try and let you know. But so far i've have terrible results using haxchi as .elf forwarder in Tiramisu enviroment.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you so much. Will give it a try and let you know. But so far i've have terrible results using haxchi as .elf forwarder in Tiramisu enviroment.
Strange because @MikaDubbz (as per my understanding) he is running those forwarders with Tiramisù if you make all the correct installations you should be fine...... anyway try and let me know.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Tried & Failed. Forwarder seems to be ok, though.
Yes, the fact that @MikaDubbz can make it run makes me think is my Tiramisu installation that is messed up. I will reinstall the tiramisu and let you know.
I didn't know you could make a haxchi forwarder with non-legit games and The icon and Screen are perfect. I will keep working on it and tell you later how it goes
Thank you so much

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It turns out HBL .rpx loading via mii maker generates issues with Haxchi forwarders. I just had to remove HBL rpx from tiramisu/modules/setup folder and forwarders work ok

Last edited by ArgoRV,

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@CrisMod do you have by any chance the Homebrew Launcher tga files? removing the HBL from mii maker in tiramisu leave me with no access to HBL but using the old channel x2.1, And I cannot access the latest version of HBL .elf, so i want to make my own launcher to it.

If you can i would also be very apreciated

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@CrisMod do you have by any chance the Homebrew Launcher tga files? removing the HBL from mii maker in tiramisu leave me with no access to HBL but using the old channel x2.1, And I cannot access the latest version of HBL .elf, so i want to make my own launcher to it.

If you can i would also be very apreciated
here.....

Attachments

• HBL-Tga.zip
    868.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Love

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi @Rgorgory , below you will find the zip file, with the files for create the Padcon Channel by Haxchi, I have tested and everything it's working fine.

The folders/sub-folders and file must to be spelled as this: /wiiu/apps/Padcon/padcon.elf

Thank you to let me know this app....

The following are the preview images:

Icon

View attachment 293548

TV
View attachment 293549

Pad
View attachment 293550
I want to thank you again for this. months of use, and I always remember your help.
With this & tiramisu it is very easy to start into padcon using the quickmenu and then load the game

• Love

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol