Can DSi homebrew access the 3DS SD card?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by iCEQB, Sep 5, 2015.

1. iCEQB
    OP

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Hi,

just a few questions about DSi homebrew on the 3DS:

1) Is DSi homebrew even possible? We can load DSiWare in sysNAND with patched signatures, so homebrew should be possible right?

2) Can it access the 3DS internal SD card?

I ask because I was thinking of loading .nds files from the internal card?
    Because Wood FW for example is also "only" DS homebrew code which loads .nds files from the falshcard.

I was thinking what would happen if you reroute this access to the internal SD card from the 3DS?
    DSi mode on the 3DS should boot .nds games right ? In theory of course .... just thinking here.

Regards.

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    1 yes 2 yes

It's not easy to do, and I don't know if the interest is there given the availability of cheap DS flashcards.
    Would be cool though.

3. iCEQB
    OP

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Are any of these loaders (Wood FW etc.) opensource?

4. Mr. Elementle

Mr. Elementle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    Detroit
    None of the Wood loaders are opensource i don't think any of the loaders are, you would have to build your own. what you want to do is possible, just not practical when you can buy a flashcard for cheap, but if you really wanted to do it you could do it

5. AshleyCummings

AshleyCummings Gamer Girl

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Simmers Nation
    This would be neat and save money plus those that may be unable to buy a flashcart or another one.. This may make life easier.. i have a old r4 but no longer works on my 3ds so all my old files just sit on my pc..