Hardware Can chinese 3rd party joy-cons damage the switch?

f3rr3t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I have heard in the past about 3rd party switch accessories like the dock causing quite some damage. I want to get these very obviously fake curved joy-cons from aliexpress but I'm worried they may damage my switch when I dock them
rDe8OPt.png

Does anyone have experience with these?

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally didn't seen any reports of that happening on this forum or any other place.
With chines products you never know... Console it self should have at least protection on a power circuit of each "Slider".

Also i didn't see any reason to use knock offs you always can find used Joy-Cons for 40$ a pair on eBay.

Last edited by Agilato,

f3rr3t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally didn't seen any reports of that happening on this forum or any other place.
With chines products you never know... Console it self should have at least protection on a power circuit of each "Slider".

Also i didn't see any reason to use knock offs you always can find used Joy-Cons for 40$ a pair on eBay.

It's personal taste, really. These are even cheaper than that, And I like the design better.

Reactions: Agilato

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi there, I have heard in the past about 3rd party switch accessories like the dock causing quite some damage. I want to get these very obviously fake curved joy-cons from aliexpress but I'm worried they may damage my switch when I dock them
rDe8OPt.png

Does anyone have experience with these?
Not likely. The reason it happens with 3rd party docks and chargers is supposedly because they feed the wrong voltage to the Switch (due to poorly implemented communication, both from the Switch's side and the 3rd party dock or charger)
Never heard of a Switch bricking chargers/docks, it doesn't really happen the other way around. So a JoyCon which only gets power from the Switch and never feeds power back should be safe.

Reactions: MUDD_BR and x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/