ROM Hack Can CFW 3DS running (b9+luma 11.6 ) convert MHGEN to MHXX savedata?

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I'm a newbie on the 3DS CFW scene and I planned to buy a used 3DS CFW wb9+luma 11.6 so I can convert my save from MHGEN to MHXX (then ultimately to the Nintendo Switch MHXX), my question is basic; is the aforementioned 3DS capable of converting this save?

Moreover, after conversion, can this CFW transfer the save from my 3DS to the Nintendo Switch? Or is it not possible?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
AFAIK, you would need to convert your save to MHX then import the MHX save to MHXX. That's what I did with mine months ago. Then you download the MHXX 3DS save transfer app then use that to transfer your save to the switch version.

Last edited by fvig2001,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What the fvig said above is how to do it. You need to run MHX at least once to create extra data for the game, then use MHX data manager, convert your save, then load up MHXX and import it. Then use the save data transfer too from the eshop to transfer to the Switch.

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. So, this particular CFW (b9+luma 11.6) can upload my converted 3DS MHXX save to Nintendo Switch MHXX? It's not prohibited by the official MHServer (since I'm running in on a CFW)? I ask this because I'm concerned if this particular CFW is still capable of accessing the MH SERVER in order to upload my save and download in the NSwitch.

2. How do I start the process of transferring my save from Monster Hunter Generations (which is in a 3DS cartridge) to the 3DS CFW? (so I can convert in using the MHX Data Manager). Do I just insert the cartridge and run the MHX Data manager?

Last edited by vendettared,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1. So, this particular CFW (b9+luma 11.6) can upload my converted 3DS MHXX save to Nintendo Switch MHXX? It's not prohibited by the official MHServer (since I'm running in on a CFW)? I ask this because I'm concerned if this particular CFW is still capable of accessing the MH SERVER in order to upload my save and download in the NSwitch.

2. How do I start the process of transferring my save from Monster Hunter Generations (which is in a 3DS cartridge) to the 3DS CFW? (so I can convert in using the MHX Data Manager). Do I just insert the cartridge and run the MHX Data manager?
1. CFW is literally the same as OFW with the only difference being you have more control over the system during boot and certain patches are applied for things like signatures, do no need to even bother with such a question. Always think of CFW as an OFW with extras, that's all, you don't lose anything.

2. The save data is stored on the SD card, so you only need to run the MHX Data Manager and click on the option to convert the save. However, again, make sure to launch MHX at least once to initialize data (meaning you must get a copy of MHX to run just once and then delete it) otherwise the conversion will fail.

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. CFW is literally the same as OFW with the only difference being you have more control over the system during boot and certain patches are applied for things like signatures, do no need to even bother with such a question. Always think of CFW as an OFW with extras, that's all, you don't lose anything.

2. The save data is stored on the SD card, so you only need to run the MHX Data Manager and click on the option to convert the save. However, again, make sure to launch MHX at least once to initialize data (meaning you must get a copy of MHX to run just once and then delete it) otherwise the conversion will fail.

Thanks for the info! Another question though, how do I get the MHXX Data Transfer App (since the 3DS I planned to purchase is NOT Japanese 3DS and thus I cannot access the Japanese eshop)? I tried using the QR Code here (https://postimg.org/image/lxsh4ln2h/) but my 3DS (although it recognizes the QR) is met with an error 032-1209 "Unable to load file." after opening the Internet Browser to open the file. Do I need a 3DS CFW to read the aforementioned QR code (i used my non-CFW 3DS just to test it out)?

Any clue on how i can install the MHXX Data Transfer app?

Last edited by vendettared,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the info! Another question though, how do I get the MHXX Data Transfer App (since the 3DS I planned to purchase is NOT Japanese 3DS and thus I cannot access the Japanese eshop)? I tried using the QR Code here (https://postimg.org/image/lxsh4ln2h/) but my 3DS (although it recognizes the QR) is met with an error 032-1209 "Unable to load file." after opening the Internet Browser to open the file. Do I need a 3DS CFW to read the aforementioned QR code (i used my non-CFW 3DS just to test it out)?

Any clue on how i can install the MHXX Data Transfer app?
Either try to find it through the CDN (FreeShop/3DSVillain/etc.) or use google and find a CIA of it (CIAngel may have it too though).

TootsieRoll85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all.

Just signed up to ask a similar question and found this topic.

Basically I've got this:

3ds A: 11.6 Non CFW with MHGen save file

3ds B: 9.5 CFW FBI etc

I cant work out how to get the file from 3ds A to 3ds B to convert it to a MHX file. I understand how the converter program works but the problem is actually getting the file to be read by 3ds B.

I've tried dragging and dropping (I knew it wouldn't work but it was a last resort).
I've tried switching SD cards into 3ds A but the homebrew programmes disappear.
I've tried copying all the homebrew files onto the SD card from 3ds A in the hope that the homebrew programs would stay active with that SD card in, but they wont.

Basically my issue is getting the save file onto the CFW 3ds and I cant for the life of me work it out.

The only work around that I've come across is to grab a physical copy of Freakywatevr Deluxe and set up homebrew on 3ds A. then export the file to my PC. Import it onto 3ds B and that "should" work, I think?

any suggestions?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey all.

Just signed up to ask a similar question and found this topic.

Basically I've got this:

3ds A: 11.6 Non CFW with MHGen save file

3ds B: 9.5 CFW FBI etc

I cant work out how to get the file from 3ds A to 3ds B to convert it to a MHX file. I understand how the converter program works but the problem is actually getting the file to be read by 3ds B.

I've tried dragging and dropping (I knew it wouldn't work but it was a last resort).
I've tried switching SD cards into 3ds A but the homebrew programmes disappear.
I've tried copying all the homebrew files onto the SD card from 3ds A in the hope that the homebrew programs would stay active with that SD card in, but they wont.

Basically my issue is getting the save file onto the CFW 3ds and I cant for the life of me work it out.

The only work around that I've come across is to grab a physical copy of Freakywatevr Deluxe and set up homebrew on 3ds A. then export the file to my PC. Import it onto 3ds B and that "should" work, I think?

any suggestions?
EVERYTHING in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder at the root of your SD card is encrypted uniquely for each console, so moving files like that won't ever work, as the reciepient 3DS won't be able to decrypt the files, since it doesn't know what the key for it is (again, it's unique to each console). Best choice is to use SeedMiner with a 2$ game to get CFW on your 11.6 3DS.

TootsieRoll85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EVERYTHING in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder at the root of your SD card is encrypted uniquely for each console, so moving files like that won't ever work, as the reciepient 3DS won't be able to decrypt the files, since it doesn't know what the key for it is (again, it's unique to each console). Best choice is to use SeedMiner with a 2$ game to get CFW on your 11.6 3DS.

I don't have a powerful enough computer from what I gathered reading about that.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't have a powerful enough computer from what I gathered reading about that.
You can always request for help with it you know, reason it's even in the title:P Basically just let someone do the decryption part for you, while you do all the rest.

TootsieRoll85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can always request for help with it you know, reason it's even in the title:P Basically just let someone do the decryption part for you, while you do all the rest.

Sorry, you've lost me there. Vita hacking I'm top notch, but I don't understand 3DS hacking at all. I would literally need you to bullet it point it for me and I don't want to take up all your time :P

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry, you've lost me there. Vita hacking I'm top notch, but I don't understand 3DS hacking at all. I would literally need you to bullet it point it for me and I don't want to take up all your time :P
Download the release archive for SeedMiner and there's literally a guide in the zip file with it. Otherwise, you got this guide for it: https://jisagi.github.io/SeedminerGuide/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't ask how I know that's in the works lol