Hacking can black wii's be softmodded

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi to everyone on gbatemp. i have a quick question which i hope someone can help with. can the new black wii's (PAL) be softmodded the same as the white versions. do they come with 4.2 firmware. i was just wondering if nintendo had changed anything to the console that stopped the softmodding. if someone could please help me with this query i would be gratfull.thanks................................sudeki300

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
G0dLiKe said:
Both of my black ones can read DVDs, they are both japanese BTW.

I believe the new EU ones have D3-2 drives which have the DVD commands removed? They can be softmodded, but I think you have to go down the route of USB loading instead of disc. I've also read that the drives can't be swapped as they are 'locked' to the Wii. Feel free to correct me on any of these points

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RecklessEndeavor said:
Why you gotta be bringing race into this?

don't be a child this has nothing to do with race, this is to do with wii console's. it's people like you that stir things up for no good reason. if you have nothing constructive to give to the thread then please shut up..............sudeki300

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
sudeki300 said:
RecklessEndeavor said:

don't be a child this has nothing to do with race, this is to do with wii console's. it's people like you that stir things up for no good reason. if you have nothing constructive to give to the thread then please shut up..............sudeki300

LOL, he misunderstood your question xD...

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
G0dLiKe said:
sudeki300 said:
RecklessEndeavor said:

LOL, he misunderstood your question xD...

maybe he should read properly before posting, this is how things get out of hand...................sudeki300

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure it was joke
rolleyes.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
G0dLiKe said:

I believe the new EU ones have D3-2 drives which have the DVD commands removed? They can be softmodded, but I think you have to go down the route of USB loading instead of disc. I've also read that the drives can't be swapped as they are 'locked' to the Wii. Feel free to correct me on any of these points
all DVD drives are universal
there is no lock that traps them to a certain wii

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
xzxero said:
bazamuffin said:
G0dLiKe said:

all DVD drives are universal
there is no lock that traps them to a certain wii

I read that, as somebody claimed they tried and they couldn't do it. It sounded like the old xbox days when HDD's couldn't be swapped between units.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over