Can anyone (with a modded Wii) test a WAD for me?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nintendough, Jul 12, 2008.

1. nintendough
    OP

Member nintendough Advanced Member

United States
    I tried to replace a blank banner with a banner (and save file icon) from another WAD and was wondering if anyone with a modded Wii would mind testing it for me? I'd do it myself but I have no way to safely test it since my Wii is not modded...

2. night_chrono

Member night_chrono GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    night_chrono, he's asking for someone that has a modded Wii because he may not have done it correctly, and doesn't want to brick his...

nintendough, I would, but I don't have a modded Wii YET... still trying to get the wife to let me buy the chip, lol... if she let's me soon, I'd be more than happy to help you out... but I don't wanna take that chance either...

Your best bet is to try to fill up page one with channels, that way you have to switch to page 2 to see your banner, and if it freeze's your Wii, you know you messed up... then you can power cycle your Wii and use the WAD manager to uninstall it... I heard that's a good way to test banner's without perma-bricking... someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

4. night_chrono

Member night_chrono GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok I get it you want someone with a chip so that they can run the semi-brick fix disc just in case. It took me a min to get that my bad. Disregard my other post.

5. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    You can run banners from a disc now, so you don't take the chance of even semi-bricking your Wii... that's what he's asking for... As of now, the Wii-Gods have made it so you can run VC titles from a disc, but you can't save yet... they are working on a way to save from the disc, and even to get multi-VC/WiiWare titles to run on a disc...

They truely are the Wii-Gods!

6. nintendough
    OP

Member nintendough Advanced Member

United States
    Yeah, Zidane, that's what I'm asking for. I'm a total n00b and all I did was replace the banner, sound, and save icon (and stumbled through a hex editor in an attempt to change the save file name) on a working WAD with that from a WAD that's crashed on me. I've got two WADs (one with the old save file name, and one with a theoretically new save file name) that I'd love if someone could try who wouldn't brick their Wii if my n00b ass messed up...

7. nanika

Member nanika 文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。

United States
    Uhh... afaik the Wii loads all icons upon startup, no matter what page.