OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, could anyone suggest some adventure games for me? I suck at them, need something easier than Trace Memory but nothing for 5 year olds. ;_;

If you're wondering why something easier than Trace Memory... Well... I needed a walkthrough out 90% of the time while playing that game. For 99% of other adventure games I played, I had to have the walkthroughs out 100% of the time.

So far, I've only finished Myst III without a walkthrough. The only other adventure game I've beaten is Trace Memory, but that was with a walkthrough. Still not sure I can beat it without. ...Hell, even with the walkthrough, I STILL didn't help D!
ohnoes.png

So, yeah, suggest me something?

ACDCGAMER

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't played it already, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is great. Metroid Prime: Trilogy is a fantastic compilation though and I would absolutely recommend it, if you can get a copy.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Last Window + hotel dusk
There was one based around that weird explosion that noone knows what happened can't rememberbthe name, plus a sequel.
Ace Attorney games
Though I need a walkthrough for those games
I fail at adventure games

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Adventure games are favourite genre of games, so I've got a few suggestions for you!

The classic adventure games are the best (imho) and luckily there is a program designed for playing them specifically called ScummVM.
You can't really go wrong with any of the games supported by it, although my top recommendations are the LucasArts games and namely the Monkey Island games, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, The Dig and the Indiana Jones games.
My true love is the Sierra games, although you may want to stick with their SCI games first. The earlier Sierra games use text for doing things and you might find them a bit daunting at first (although you can have a lot of fun with what the text
tongue.gif
). The big Sierra series' worth checking out are Space Quest (my favouritest series ever), Kings Quest, Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry.
You should also check out Beneath A Steel Sky, which is actually available as a free download on the ScummVM site and is a great game.
Finally there are the Broken Sword games, which are great.
For reference, ScummVM has been ported to pretty much everything so you can play it all over the place.

Of the games mentioned above, a few of them have modern sequels which are well worth checking out, particularly the Monkey Island games and Broken Sword games. There is also a free fanmade sequel to the Kings Quest series called The Silver Lining which is worth checking out (and which I actually prefer over the original games).

For more recent "proper adventure games" you should check out:
  • Syberia series - Cool steampunk style series
  • Still Life series
  • Secret Files: Tunguska
  • Nibiru: Age of Secrets
  • The Longest Journey - The first game is awesome
  • Runaway series - One of the best series of adventure games released this century
  • The Sherlock Holmes series - This series is ok, but nothing special. They have definitely been improving as they've come along.
  • A Vampyre Story - Relatively good. The main character has a very annoying voice, but that's ok as she has huge boobs.

Finally, there are the episodic series' of games made by Telltale games. If you struggle with adventure games usually then these are probably where you should start out as they are pretty easy to do. They have great graphics and are quite amusing. I've only played their Sam & Max and Monkey Island games so far, but I suspect they are all pretty similar and you probably can't go wrong with any of them. They are also pretty cheap on Steam and I believe they have a few full episode demos available. If you're interested, they have a series of Back To The Future games coming out soon which should be pretty awesome!

You should check out http://www.adventuregamers.com/ for more games. I think they have reviews for pretty much every adventure game released starting from the 80's up to upcoming releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs