Hacking can anyone send me a NAND image?

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I am in a place where my last hope is to patch a NAND using Betwiin to use on my Wii.

Could anyone help me out?

I need a PAL nand with boot1b and then boot2v3 or later i believe...

QUOTE said:
The version of boot2 must be equal to or greater than the one most recently installed on that Wii.

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i have a keys.bin from a nand backup i took....

This nand backup does not seem to work though (although did at one point).

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you made the backup with Beta 3, then you have to tweak it somehow for it to work. I don't know the process, but searching around might help.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
If you made the backup with Beta 3, then you have to tweak it somehow for it to work. I don't know the process, but searching around might help.

Just google for BootMii v0.3-keyfix.rar, this will do the trick.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:

I don't think that's the problem (he's been talking to me in my irc channel) He said that he restored the backup successfully before but for some reason after restoring this one, both the system menu and the HBC black screen on him when trying to load them from bootmii and cboot2 doesn't work either.

Initially he made the backup after finding a problem with his wii settings. Going into the wii settings was just giving him a black screen and not even the opera message for a semi brick. (And his Wii still seems to be on 3.2E as it was before so I don't think he changed anything with his region in the time that stopped working.)

I'm pretty stumped as to why this happened in the first place from what he did, and the only thing I can think of is some block(s) on his NAND going bad that had something important or something of the sort.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gamecat said:
Send me a Message with your Keys and include the bad blocks.
You get a response in the next 48hr.
wink.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How is your Wii bricked? If you can run BootMii, surely you can run HBC, and from there you may be able to fix your Wii without needing to restore a NAND dump, thus keeping your game saves and your VC/WW purchases.

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HiBit said:
gamecat said:
Send me a Message with your Keys and include the bad blocks.
You get a response in the next 48hr.
wink.gif

sorry... i am a little confused what do you mean by bad blocks?

many thanks

How is your Wii bricked? If you can run BootMii, surely you can run HBC, and from there you may be able to fix your Wii without needing to restore a NAND dump, thus keeping your game saves and your VC/WW purchases.

HBC wont start. I just get a black screen.

I am restoring to a nand image that worked this morning (access to system menu and hbc) but now when i restore to that same image i cannot access system menu or HBC.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Initially he made the backup after finding a problem with his wii settings. Going into the wii settings was just giving him a black screen and not even the opera message for a semi brick.

this is the sign that you tried to boot the system menu with cIOS249. sure, there are other causes. but 99.999% of the time this is the reason. just go in preloader or whatever and set the system menu IOS to 30 or whatever your system menu needs.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF?!?! how did you get from being able to access everything besides the wii settings to needing to install stuff from bootmii. i think youre going in the wrong direction

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tell me about it.

the problem i have now is the nand image i have does not revert my system back to the state where i could access the system menu but just not the settings.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you use bootmii to start HBC or anything? even if you cant, you will be able to install stuff with cboot.

if you don't have a way to get back to where you were, i would follow 1 of these paths

bootmii->HBC->ARC->install system menu 3.2
bootmii->cboot->ARC->install 3.2

at least then you will have a system menu.

and in the future, don't use bootmii and nand backups from all different types of wii to fix 1 little setting in preloader.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
easy fix for full brick with out betwiin

send this [email protected] an email and it will send you a precompiled cboot2 with wadmanager, then back up yur bootmii data on your sd card to your pc then replace the files on the sd with the ones sent

you will need a hbc.wad
and a system menu wad with its ios, use nusdownloader or google for some (if you use nusD dont forget to tick pack as wad)
you will also need this settings fix
and most importantly a GC pad

put your new wads in your wads folder on the sd and your settings fix in the app folder (if your ntsc rename settingNTSC.txt to setting.txt and if your pal rename settingPAL.txt to setting.txt)

ok your ready to go so

put your sd card in the wii with the new bootmii files on it and it will boot up a GC wadmanager,
useing a GC pad install the hbc.wad
then install your new system menu
then install its ios (4.0 or 4.1 - ios60. 3.2 - ios30 and so on)

now put your sd back in your pc and put the old bootmii settings back on it
now put the sd back in the wii and boot up bootmii and run your now working HBC and run the setting fix app
reboot your wii
FIXED!!!!!!!!!!

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Tried the first rar (unzipped it to root) put in the card and turned it on and just got a black screen.

The second link cannot me downloaded from rapidshare anymore...

QUOTE said:
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theyre the same link

sounds like your Wii is done.

like it has many corrupted IOS's which are leading to black screens.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
gamecat said:
Hi,
Tried the first rar (unzipped it to root) put in the card and turned it on and just got a black screen.

The second link cannot me downloaded from rapidshare anymore...

QUOTE said:
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

do you have a boot.dol on the root of your sd? if not use the one in the 1st link,
and the settings fix is on a Premium Account, i should know because its mine!!!
oh and i just checked and its only been downloaded 7 times anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: