Can anyone save in Heart Gold or Soul Silver?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm trying to run a translation patch of Pokemon Heart Gold on my M3i Zero, and it runs fine, but it won't save. It just hangs on the "Saving a lot of Data" screen. I've tried a clean ROM and Rudolph's anti piracy patch, but it's the same result for both. I'm on the latest core firmware along with the latest system files, so that shouldn't be an issue. Has anyone got this working, and if so, how?

2. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

well, if you're running the game in Sakura then that could be the problem as Sakura doesn't support the game yet.
    if you are running it in Touchpod 4.4a and it didn't work, try the clean rom without the anti privacy patch

3. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thanks, that did the trick. That's too bad, though, because I don't want to launch up the slow and clunky TouchPod firmware everytime I want to play that game. I guess I'll just wait until Sakura gets an update. Or maybe the better question is if Sakura gets an update :/.

4. stab244

Member stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Too bad... The only way that you can make it work in Sakura is with the ARM7 patch or with the Sakura update (that it taking a really long time...). I can't link to the ARM7 patch so don't ask me to...

5. Excellentnuke

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can use iSakuREAL 1.7a to boot the newest iTouch firmware. It runs Pokemon flawlessly and is on the second page of the M3 Adapter forum.

6. dartdude6

Member dartdude6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't understand why so many people are having so much trouble getting the game to work. I just ARM7 patched the game and I'm using Kazo's patch w/Rudolph's Patch. I haven't had any problems as of yet (20 hours of gameplay so far)

7. Excellentnuke

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What did you Google to get the ARM7 patch? [​IMG]

8. meza

Newcomer meza Newbie

Australia