Gaming Can anyone recommend me a good SNES emulator?

Jotokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only emulator I'm able to find is Snes9xTYL, and its absolutely horrible. It lags with everything I throw at it, either in video or in the response time for the controls. I'm not even trying demanding games either - I'm speaking of low-demand games like mario all stars or earthbound. Even then, they have horrible graphical glitches.

The psp can emulate an n64, so I'm surprised that this is the best the PSP can do and am convinced I'm overlooking something. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good snes emulator?

If its important, I"m using a 3000 with 5.03 GEN-C.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
40 Thousand different versions of SNES9X. Most have 90-something percent compatibility. Haven't found one that runs MMX2 at full speed.
frown.gif
Or Mario RPG for that matter. Otherwise, they are much better than the DS ones, but still a disappointment on the whole.

Jotokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
don't know which version you're using but try this one. the only game i have any issue with is Doom. other than that it works great!
Thank you for the link. I've only tried mario on it, but so far it's a huge improvement over the one I was using. Even when its not full speed, the controls dont feel like they're lagging, which makes a huge difference.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
40 Thousand different versions of SNES9X. Most have 90-something percent compatibility. Haven't found one that runs MMX2 at full speed.
frown.gif
Or Mario RPG for that matter. Otherwise, they are much better than the DS ones, but still a disappointment on the whole.
I played Mario RPG from start to finish. If you tweak the settings right, there is a very slight lag in battles during specific effects but otherwise the game runs excellent. Even better than Donkey Kong Country or Mario Kart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM