Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Nintendo joycons have issues.

Mainly connecting and drift... The pads don't have these problems. But if you want it portable the pad isn't much use.

I recently bought some cheap (nasty cheap) joycons off eBay. They have one "advantage" there not wired. No disconnection issue.

This disconnection issue actually causes retroarch to crash. If you disconnect and connect a joycon fast your switch doesn't register it but retroarch crashes.

Other than that the pads are terrible (but actually worth the money and ok for the kids)... And supprisingly the thumb sticks are the same.

If these pads were made with good quality parts etc I'd choose these over Nintendo's.

Does anyone know of such a pad?? Oh one last thing. I'd still like to be able to charge it on the switch.

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See my official GBAtemp review for the JC-20s. Been using them for a long time with zero joycon drift and I massively prefer them to the official versions. Only issue is you can't charge them on the Switch.

https://gbatemp.net/review/gioteck-jc-20.1771/
They look good for the money. Do you know if these work in lakka l4t?? I doubt any third party non wired joycon will tbh.

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Connection is a bigger issue for me. It causes retroarch to crash. I've cleaned the pins and used the installation tape trick but a Bluetooth connection would eliminate this problem.

Janschi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I bought sticks from ebay (3rd party ones) and they didn't drift.
I bought some too and replaced the original ones with the ones form eBay, but even they started to drift after a year.
When I saw the video that cardboard could fix the issue, I reinstalled the original sticks and used the cardboard trick.

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: