Can anyone reccomend a 128gb flash drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by DooberKnob, Jul 28, 2015.

1. DooberKnob
    OP

DooberKnob Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2015
    United States
  2. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    Maybe try looking at this USB Devices Compatibility Guide?

3. DooberKnob
    OP

DooberKnob Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    I did, but there is no section for 128gb which is the standard flash drives. Also most of those are hdds while I'm looking for a flash drive.

4. hamrawk

hamrawk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2014
    United States
    Your second link, the SanDisk Cruzer CZ36 works perfectly for me. Got another model SanDisk 128GB that's a bit different but still works. Until someone else chimes in with grotesque amounts of hate for SanDisk, stick with that bad boy.

5. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    I have a PNY usb stick that wont work with wii homebrew, just a heads up.

6. DooberKnob
    OP

DooberKnob Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    Will I still need a 2gb sd card to install homebrew or is the usb flash drive enough?

7. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    2GB SD [or any size depending on exploit used/homebrews you want to launch] is required at least for the initial setup. [2gb has best compatibility, so if you have 2GB or LESS use that]
    From there you can install a .dol + channel for your preferred USB loader.

8. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Funny you should ask.
    I was recently contemplating the idea of a small storage, less space consuming, USB stick.

I'd ordered multiple 4Gb and 8Gb sticks of this kind before, and all of them (prolly 40 or so) worked without issue, aside of the two that needed re-formatted in order to work.

That being said, I decided to give them another chance and see if they had something larger for the Wii's needs, when low and behold, it would seem they do have 128Gb offerings for only $10 shipped.

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive (I just ordered tonight), but I've used USB sticks before to run Wii titles on down to Gamecube, etc. so I see no reason why this would not work also.
    [​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171871996020?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT