Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently ordered some car parts from china, unfortunately the instructions sheet is completely in chinese as well as some blurry black and white installation pictures.
Wondering if anyone here can read and translate chinese to english?
I tried some software like the latest version of adobe acrobat which can scan editable documents, it didnt work too well because I got nothing but gibberish when I tried to copy any of the kanji.
First page just seems to be package contents and schematic, second page is bracket installation.

u1_zps58d096f0.jpeg~original

u2_zps874bb9fa.jpeg~original

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could hope someone with Chinese skills and a baseline level of technical knowledge wanders by, it would not be entirely unexpected on this site. You might have better luck asking how do I do [blah] on [model + year] of car though. I can not quite figure out what it is though so I can not come at it from that way.
Most of that just seems like a screw/bolt usage guide for someone that has never used bolts before -- you have some machine screws/bolts, some pvc washers, some normal washers and I am guessing some split ring/spring washers.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an app available on both Google Play and Apple Store that'll take pictures of text and translate, but I've heard the translations can be iffy at best. There's also sites where you can ask people for translations, with areas dedicated to specific languages.

Then again, you could just google installation for whatever parts you ordered. I can't imagine the process would be too different.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it comes up broken just right click -> view image
anyway I tried the google translate app which has ocr support but I got broken/incoherent english

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Attachments

• Product Manual.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: Joe88

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And done. Sorry for the wait.
I may have taken a few "liberties" with the translation but it should be understandable.
I have 0 experience with cars so sorry if I got some of the technical terms wrong.

Attachments

• Product Manual.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 322

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And done. Sorry for the wait.
I may have taken a few "liberties" with the translation but it should be understandable.
I have 0 experience with cars so sorry if I got some of the technical terms wrong.
Just got it installed http://gbatemp.net/threads/things-you-recently-bought-or-got.347639/page-130#post-5160399
Thanks for taking the time to translate the pages

funny enough the seller of the item finally sent the "english" instructions
your translation is far better (though at least I got color pictures from it)

Attachments

• side step manual.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 453

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.