Homebrew Can anyone name a stable and good GBA emulator?

SonicRegret

Finis Omnium
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, I am using Retroarch GPSP 1.6 stable, and whenever I play any game, even with the default configuration, the emulator always manages to crash and send me to a luma arm11 exception screen, or a total freeze of my 3ds. I have tried using mGBA as well, but it does not run as well as GPSP. Is there any emulator for GBA games that runs well and is stable? (VC is out of the question)
I have tried these games, and they all experience the same problems,
Sonic Advance 1,2,3, Drill Dozer, Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls, and Pokemon FireRed.
They either crash at boot, or very early in the game when something like loading occurs, it's very infrequent, but it is guaranteed to happen at some point early in play.
I use a new3DS with B9S and my clock speed at Clock+L2(note that no matter what speed I choose, the same problems persist). Luma V8.0.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something maybe wrong with the twl flash if ur experiencing crashes. I've not tried any gba emulators, but the twl flash partition is how u run gba games if I'm not mistaken. it's for ds and dsi games as well. if u have problems running those games, check the twl flash. there's a small tutorial on using a clean twl flash, making it stock aside from the patches luma uses. u can find it if u look up twl loader on temp.

also, I'm not sure if it works on the 3ds despite using the supercard dstwo, but it has a gba emulator with save states. u might look into that. u'll have to use that flash cart though.

SonicRegret

Finis Omnium
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something maybe wrong with the twl flash if ur experiencing crashes. I've not tried any gba emulators, but the twl flash partition is how u run gba games if I'm not mistaken. it's for ds and dsi games as well. if u have problems running those games, check the twl flash. there's a small tutorial on using a clean twl flash, making it stock aside from the patches luma uses. u can find it if u look up twl loader on temp.

also, I'm not sure if it works on the 3ds despite using the supercard dstwo, but it has a gba emulator with save states. u might look into that. u'll have to use that flash cart though.

I'll try that out, thank you very much for a response.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States

This is extremely incorrect. Where did you even get this info?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no real GBA emulators for 3DS.

There's RetroArch's GPSP which runs fullspeed, but it crashes at any random point so it's not trustworthy.

Then there's mgba (NON Retroarch version), which can run simpler games fullspeed, but then struggles to run bigger games and just sounds horrible.

The only choice we have is GBA VC. You should be thankful that the 3DS has a built in GBA chip, so even Old 3DS can handle GBA games perfectly with VC. I beat Final Fantasy 5 and 6 on VC, no save states needed. There's plenty of pre-made injects out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1