Hacking can anyone make sense of my wiikey problem?

kingmathyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the wiikey. Before I had the case fully on, I tested out a backup of paper mario. It worked fine. So then I unplugged everything and I put the case fully on. Then I went to try it and back ups AND originals did not work. I left it unplugged for a little bit in frustration, and then came back to it an hour later. And then out of nowhere, originals work, and backups did not. Then I tried again this morning and originals AND back ups worked. I put in the wiikey install dvd, and changed the settings to make the wii region free. Then I saved the settings and it looked like the save was successful. So then I restarted the wii, and now NOTHING works again. Not originals and not back ups. What is going on here? Is something not connected fully with the wiikey? Or is the problem something else? I was almost confident the wiikey was installed right.

This seems REALLY inconsistent. What do you suggest that I try to solve this problem?

obv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so right now originals dont work at all?if it were just backups not booting, i would suggest that it would be the wiring of the wiikey that may need to be looked at in more detail

but you can do that anyway, check all your wiring making sure that all wires have proper contact to the points of the board + modchip

have u tried taking the wiikey out to see if it will boot originals then? give that a go first and check back here with a reply ill help you as much as i can from there

kingmathyou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had another glimpse of it working. I left everything unplugged for a few minutes and then tried. It could boot the wiikey setup disc, I changed the settings to 3x disc speed to see if that would help. Then I hit "restart system" on the wiikey menu. After restarting, what do you know... nothing works again. I don't get it. The connections have to be right if it will work in random bursts like that right? I'm not shaking it hard to changing the positions or anything that could mess with the wiikey's solder. I don't understand.

I'll check the connections and reinstall wiikey later today though and ee if that does anything, but I doubt it will do much. In the mean time, anyone else got some ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1