Hardware Can anyone help/offer advice on a screen issue?

quote241

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cross-posting here with my reddit thread :)

tl;dr - I was putting a usb-c port into my n3ds xl and at some point during reassembly, it seems like the top lcd ribbon cable died. while trying to fix that, the locking latch for the touchscreen also broke, and I'm not sure what my next move should be.

hi folks, as stated above I was putting a usb-c port into my n3ds xl and that part went well. the port works and charges like normal. however, when I turned the system back on, the top lcd wasn't displaying video. after seeing that, I went to reseat the ribbon cables that go to the top screen and noticed what's in the picture on one of the cables. when I was looking at it last night I thought it was gray or black, but upon further inspection today, it's actually transparent. does that mean that that specific contact came out of the cable somewhere? my research leads me to believe is the cable for the top display.

I can see the backlight turn on when the other screen does, and it stays on while the console is on, but it just doesn't display video. all my buttons are working, sound is working, and the camera app can open, but neither camera seems to take any pictures in the system's current state.

the second part of my issues; touch was working until the last time that I reassembled and I broke the latch for the digitizer ribbon cable and now it just doesn't seem to connect as it needs to.

what should my next move be here? obviously getting a new console would be a bit disappointing, especially considering the work that went into the usb-c mod that I did, but its a last resort if there's nothing that can be done.
20220103_152416.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.