Can anyone help my custom English graphics keep crashing this my game?

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently try to start up a English translation project for the game Kenka Bancho 6 Soul & Blood. But since no one else want to join my project, I trying to learn more about 3ds hacking so I can try and do it on my own.

Right now I'm having trouble implementing my custom English graphics into the game, for some reason unknown to me when ever I put the graphics into the game it will either crash or the graphic wont show up at all

I've been able to replace the game's copyright screen, but other than that I have been having no success
2lcv3li9afl81.jpg

Can anyone help me figure out why?

Last edited by 6Kyojin4,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as you probably know, Japanese generally takes up less space than English, so your problem may be the window itself. that's beyond my expertise though.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for some reason unknown to me when ever I put the graphics into the game it will either crash or the graphic wont show up at all
You're going to have to provide some more detail about what you used to change the graphic.

If you load the image in whatever program you're using, and then save it without making any changes, and then put that in the game with whatever program you're using, does it work?

Reactions: placebo_yue

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Are you saving the image on the same format? are you absolutely sure the compression and header and such are the same? how about the filesize? Maybe if your modified image is bigger it fails to recognise the data.
I'm not a game modder or anything, but AFAIK games usually have stuff hardcoded when you least expect it, and if you move some bytes on the header or any other pointer things get fucked up

Reactions: Kwyjor

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saving the image on the same format? are you absolutely sure the compression and header and such are the same? how about the filesize? Maybe if your modified image is bigger it fails to recognise the data.
I'm not a game modder or anything, but AFAIK games usually have stuff hardcoded when you least expect it, and if you move some bytes on the header or any other pointer things get fucked up
Yes I made sure it was the same format. I absolutely sure the compression and header and such are the same. and the file size.
You're going to have to provide some more detail about what you used to change the graphic.

If you load the image in whatever program you're using, and then save it without making any changes, and then put that in the game with whatever program you're using, does it work?
I used photoshop to change the graphic.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used photoshop to change the graphic.
You didn't answer the question. If you load the image in photoshop, save it without making any changes, and insert the new image in the game with whatever program you're using, does it work?

Yes I made sure it was the same format. I absolutely sure the compression and header and such are the same. and the file size.
And how exactly are you checking that? There might be something changing somewhere that isn't accessible via standard tools. A hex editor would be the only way to be sure.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you load the image in photoshop, save it without making any changes, and insert the new image in the game with whatever program you're using, does it work?
You still didn't answer this question. You haven't even said what program you're using to extract and re-insert the image into the game. Maybe it's buggy and isn't re-inserting it properly.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I did use a hex editor to check and make sure
you seem pretty sure of what you do. Don't you have any clues or ideas about what might be wrong? Any questions to ask? Usually when one does something new, like hacking a game, you have lots of questions about things... Don't you? ask them

Reactions: Kwyjor

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Kwyjor This question was now asked on the Fan Translators International discord server, and was now linked to this thread.
The program that extracts and re-imports the image from/to bflim is Kukkii.
It's a program me and @IcySon55 developed from 2017- ~ 2019 and discontinued in favor of a newer tool. My assumption is that a bug in the bflim support causes an issue here. But due to the discontinuation of Kukkii, we will not fix a potential bug there. The user already knows about this, after they asked on our discord.

This is all the info I can give you as a proxy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?