Trophies
XP
Country
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236

on step 5-6. I get this error

Error: ES_Addtitlefinish returned -1017
Error: Could not set the revision to 0
Downgrade Failed

I have tried TBR 1.12 and 1.13 and both give the same error. My wii is connected to the internet. I have 4.2 firmware.

I found the following guide when some guy said he had the same problem, the multi mod manager is giving me basically the same error, anyone have any ideas?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Captain Crunk said:
Yeah, my wii is online so I am using NUS to DL

He meant you can use his program (NUS Auto Downloader) on your PC to download the IOS files in a WAD format and place them on the root of your SD card. That way, TBR will search them there instead of downloading the unencrypted IOS from the Ninty servers, and maybe you won't get any errors. You should try it.

Captain Crunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Riley said:
Follow the guide that comes with NUSAD from start to finish and you shouldnt have errors.

All the guide says to do is install this, "
Now install IOS61v5661."

Then it says to install the homebrew manager which I already have

I do however get a slightly different error now.

"ES_addTitleStart returned -1035, maybe you need an updated downgrader"

I'm going to try TBR 1.13 again

EDIT: I got the same error again with TBR 1.13, so I guess the error just depends on what TBR version I use.

Captain Crunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this will help anyone help me or not but this is a syscheck I did I thought may help.

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region: NTSC-U
The system menu v481 is running under IOS61 (rev 5661)
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 133086922
Boot2 v4
Found 56 titles
Found 23 IOS on this console
Found 14 IOS Stubs on this console

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Captain Crunk, please try the 4.3 steps of the same tutorial. It sounds like you have the latest (4.3) versions of things like IOS36 and so on, which is probably messing you up. You definitely have the 4.3 version of IOS61. The 4.3 instructions are more complicated, but should allow you to properly downgrade IOS15.

Captain Crunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Captain Crunk, please try the 4.3 steps of the same tutorial. It sounds like you have the latest (4.3) versions of things like IOS36 and so on, which is probably messing you up. You definitely have the 4.3 version of IOS61. The 4.3 instructions are more complicated, but should allow you to properly downgrade IOS15.

That didn't work, it give me an even bigger error screen full of codes with the title "Exception (DSI) occurred!

but since you say I have the 4.3 version of IOS61, is there a way I can fix that to get the 4.2 version? I have no idea how I ended up with a 4.3 version of that anyway.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Captain Crunk said:
That didn't work, it give me an even bigger error screen full of codes with the title "Exception (DSI) occurred!

but since you say I have the 4.3 version of IOS61, is there a way I can fix that to get the 4.2 version? I have no idea how I ended up with a 4.3 version of that anyway.
At what point did the error occur? Are you doing the online or offline install?

As for downgrading IOS61, you can't do that until you have a vulnerable IOS on there (which is what 236 is).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Captain Crunk said:
It was while it was downloading the first file, so it was an online install.
Strange. Try again, it could just be random happenstance. Try an offline install if it gets a DSI error a second time.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
In the past, shop update on previous menu version was grabbing the latest ios files and update them... So leaving behind a wii with all the bad stuff from the newest update without changing the system menu.

Maybe that's the issue, @OP should try the methods for 4.3 ios downgrade...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0