Hacking Can anyone help me identify these Wii-U files?

XRGBFanatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning everyone, firstly sorry for signing up just to ask a question, I'll try to stick around some and contribute where I can too... anyway. I recently jailbroke my launch model black Wii-U. Everything went really well. For the most part I've been content simply ripping my store bought games using the various tools around the internet. I always support software companies and any downloading I do is mostly for preservation purposes.

However, I recently read that Nintendo would shut down the e-shop soon meaning no access to patches, DLC or download only games. In anticipation of this I downloaded a torrent claiming to be "Nintendo - Wii U (Digital) (CDN)" which I thought would be a dump of the eshop content that I could just install to my console. I also downloaded an associated torrent containing ticket files.

However, no tool or decryptor I've tried can work with these files, so I wondered can anyone give me a clue what the heck format these are all in?

Here's how the files are laid out:-

Fast Racing Neo (USA) (folder)
|--> 000500001012f000 (sub folder)
|-->1 (sub folder)
0000000c
0000000d
0000000e
0000000f
tmd

The folder structure on games I've ripped myself from my originals is different, I see files with .app and .h3 extensions, and title.cert, title.tik (which I presume is the games ticket file) and title.tmd

So can anyone shed any light on what I do with these files?

Thank you in advance!

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Identify them? Sure. They are encrypted files downloaded from NUS for title ID 000500001012f000 (Fast Racing NEO, NTSC-U). The first problem is that you presumably only have the 12 content files and none of the .h3 files. The second problem is that your content files don't have the .app file extension. The content files located on NUS do not have the .app extension and it's something that is added when downloading and saving the files by the various tools that are available. You can easily add the .app extension to the files you have but you will still need to obtain these .h3 files:
Code:
0000000e.h3
00000004.h3
00000005.h3
00000006.h3
00000007.h3
00000008.h3
00000010.h3
00000011.h3

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love it when new users cry im not a pirate but then download a torrent with all of Nintendos supposed wii u library!! Lol!

1. How have you modded your console?

2. Have a look here regarding different formats and tools..... Its just for educational purposes tho... https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-different-wiiu-games-formats-and-how-to-convert-them.449212/

3. Don't download torrents that are obvs anonymous and very possibly out of date/wrong format or simply a virus!

4. Check out Wii U USB helper as this will get you all the content you want, in WUP format to be installed directly to your wii u menu through HBL with WUP installer GX2.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/working-fix-easy-install-wii-u-usb-helper-0-6-1-655.535214/

http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/wup_installer_gx2

Reactions: ArgoRV

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Good morning everyone, firstly sorry for signing up just to ask a question, I'll try to stick around some and contribute where I can too... anyway. I recently jailbroke my launch model black Wii-U. Everything went really well. For the most part I've been content simply ripping my store bought games using the various tools around the internet. I always support software companies and any downloading I do is mostly for preservation purposes.

However, I recently read that Nintendo would shut down the e-shop soon meaning no access to patches, DLC or download only games. In anticipation of this I downloaded a torrent claiming to be "Nintendo - Wii U (Digital) (CDN)" which I thought would be a dump of the eshop content that I could just install to my console. I also downloaded an associated torrent containing ticket files.

However, no tool or decryptor I've tried can work with these files, so I wondered can anyone give me a clue what the heck format these are all in?

Here's how the files are laid out:-

Fast Racing Neo (USA) (folder)
|--> 000500001012f000 (sub folder)
|-->1 (sub folder)
0000000c
0000000d
0000000e
0000000f
tmd

The folder structure on games I've ripped myself from my originals is different, I see files with .app and .h3 extensions, and title.cert, title.tik (which I presume is the games ticket file) and title.tmd

So can anyone shed any light on what I do with these files?

Thank you in advance!
I think maybe you should have downloaded this one instead [No-Intro] Nintendo - Wii U (Digital) (2019-12-22)
That one has zips which I presume contain the installable .app/.h3 files. It's also much smaller.

XRGBFanatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you everyone for taking the trouble to reply, it's very much appreciated.

This is the format for the wup installer. You can install them so that they appear on your home menu.

The files are not recognised by the WUP installer.

You can easily add the .app extension to the files you have but you will still need to obtain these .h3 files:.

So how do I obtain h3 files? I'm not asking for a link or anything, but I assume I can't use a tool to make them?

[I think maybe you should have downloaded this one instead [No-Intro] Nintendo - Wii U (Digital) (2019-12-22)
That one has zips which I presume contain the installable .app/.h3 files. It's also much smaller.

Ok, what is the purpose of this the torrent I have then, if you do not mind me asking? Why would anyone put up a torrent full of missing files? Just to troll newbies?

I love it when new users cry im not a pirate but then download a torrent with all of Nintendos supposed wii u library!! Lol!

I'm well aware what I'm doing here is piracy I do not deny it.

1. How have you modded your console?

I used the Coldboot Haxchi method.

2. Have a look here regarding different formats and tools..... Its just for educational purposes tho...

Yes I looked at that but I still don't understand how to use these files.

4. Check out Wii U USB helper as this will get you all the content you want, in WUP format to be installed directly to your wii u menu through HBL with WUP installer GX2.

That tool is extremely useful but it downloads content directly from Nintendo's Store, which will be shut off at some point in the not too distant future. My aim is to ensure I can still access this content after that date.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you everyone for taking the trouble to reply, it's very much appreciated.

The files are not recognised by the WUP installer.

So how do I obtain h3 files? I'm not asking for a link or anything, but I assume I can't use a tool to make them?

Ok, what is the purpose of this the torrent I have then, if you do not mind me asking? Why would anyone put up a torrent full of missing files? Just to troll newbies?

I'm well aware what I'm doing here is piracy I do not deny it.

I used the Coldboot Haxchi method.

Yes I looked at that but I still don't understand how to use these files.

That tool is extremely useful but it downloads content directly from Nintendo's Store, which will be shut off at some point in the not too distant future. My aim is to ensure I can still access this content after that date.

You could download with Wii U USB helper and keep the files. A little more hassle having to select each game you want rather than downloading one big dump, but at least you know that they're going to work.

XRGBFanatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could download with Wii U USB helper and keep the files. A little more hassle having to select each game you want rather than downloading one big dump, but at least you know that they're going to work.

Yes I'm aware of that, however I'd like to preserve my access to the full Wii U store library for the future, I can't anticipate which games/patches or DLC I might be interested in looking at a few years from now, once store access has been shut off. I did consider simply downloading everything available with Wii-U USB helper, but practically it might be better if I can just figure out how to use the files in this torrent.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, you can mass rename the files with the ren command in cmd prompt, but be sure they're the right name. tbh, files with no extension sounds pretty messed up. I actually wrote down all games I bought as well as games that need cfw in a text file, so if my wii u dies, I can just redownload the stuff.

XRGBFanatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are the files in the correct location on your card?

They are in the same folder as I put the rips of my store bought disc games which installed just fine, WUP Installer GX2 doesn't recognise them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't worry too much about the wii u's eshop shutting down soon. the wii one only shutdown in January of last year.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, if you have system config tool (look for iaqua 's pastebin iirc), the installs can be anywhere on the sd card, and yes, it can batch install as well. that's what I used to install all of my games, and I've never had a problem with them.

XRGBFanatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SD:/install/gamename/*manyfilesinhere*/

Yes that's what I'm using, they are not recognised, and yes I copied the ticket file in and renamed it too, still nothing.

I wouldn't worry too much about the wii u's eshop shutting down soon. the wii one only shutdown in January of last year.

Going to happen eventually though isn't it :(

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that's what I'm using, they are not recognised, and yes I copied the ticket file in and renamed it too, still nothing.

Going to happen eventually though isn't it :(
So take advantage of it still being there and use it. Then instead of copying them to a Wii U when downloaded just copy them to a storage drive and keep them forever.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are correct but like everyone else, you get what you can while you can and keep it on external usb or backed up to your pc to be accessed at your hearts content as long as you have it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in? +1