Hacking Can anyone help me identify my R4 ?

markkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I borrowed a DS Lite an a R4 card from my friend. I have been trying to install the latest WOOD firmware to this card but I cannot get it to work. I have tried may different versions for many types of card, all I see is a white screen with a picture of a SD card saying "MENU ?" and I have to turn the DS off.

Can anyone shed light on my problem ?

Here is all the information I have on the R4 : R4i
R4 talk
UPGRADE V2.0
Revolution for DS
(NDSLXL,NDSILL,NDSI/NDSL,NDS)
www.r4i-ndsill.com

This is the information as it appears on the R4 card.

A few things I would like to know are, Is this card real,clone or fake ?, What is the best firmware for this card ?, Are there any proffered sites for homebrew applications ?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

prectorian

Chef Kirby
Trophies
XP
Country
Vanuatu
You're 'trollboy555' in the other place, am I right?

1. It's an extremely poor clone.
2. If the kernels provided by linfoxdomain mentioned by Xenirina (a.k.a Necr0) didn't work, none will.
3. The ?Menu you see on your console screen is because you had installed kernel not meant for it.
4. It cannot use WOOD R4; since WOOD R4 is a secondary firmware meant for use on certain cartridges brand only.
5. I don't think secondary firmware such as YSMENU/TTMENU will work either (though it might if you've installed it's primary firmware), nor will AKAIO or WAIO.
6. The best firmware for it is the one that came from it's official website, which is as you know DEAD.
7. Homebrew? What kind of homebrew do you have in mind? You could find most of it from Filetrip.

markkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I assure you I am not this trollboy555. I would appreciate it if you could point me to these kernaes by linfoxdomain. So I guess you are saying this card is shit ? As for homebrew, emulators would be a great start I found a few already, so dont worry about that. Thanks for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass