Hacking Can anyone help get CoD4 save to work w/M3r+backup

CZroe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used NDS Backup Tools to dump my completed Call of Duty 4 save and I can't load it with my backup of the same game on my M3DS real. I've made backups of other game saves that worked on the M3r, like Zelda Phantom Hourglass, so I assume that Rudolph's tool makes M3DS real compatible saves for at least somes save types (when manually renamed of course). Unfortunately, CoD4 isn't that easy.

The M3 behaves as if there is a save because it doesn't say "creating save file," but the game shows empty files. I've tried renaming manually, the renaming tool, and a so-called G6 Save Converter (G6 and M3r are almost the same, but it's probably just another renamer)... nothing works.

I was beginning to think that NDS Backup Tools doesn't make good save backups, but I successfully backed-up and restored a save on the actual game (my file got deleted and I loaded my backup to restore it)... so NDS Backup Tools works.

I'm using the one patched for the Datel MaxMedia Dock. I dump them to the MMD and then copy them to the M3r (renamed of course) with a PC. I am renaming them correctly as the [rom_name].0, *.1, etc.

It's the only MMD patched one. I assume it's the latest. I'm not sure why the MMD patched one exists unless you can't just DLDI patch it yourself.

I'm having this same problem with other games too, so I assume that it is ones with a certain save type that the M3r doesn;t support in the format used by NDS Backup Tools. Does anyone know where I can find a save type list for NDS like the N64 one at Elitendo? ( http://www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_list.html )

CZroe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I used the online save converter to convert from "RAW" to the M3 DS real's format. Let this be a report that even the save converter included with the M3 DS real just doesn't work with most game. Some of my save backups made the same way did work, but I imagine that it is only a specific save type that works without this public utility.

Why didn't anyone suggest it to me? The lack of a proper search function prevents me from following up on most of my posts anyway.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup