MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's pretty simple. They community is small, and most of the devs in the wii U scene choose to develop homebrew for things like the 3DS and Vita instead of the dieing wii U. I think even with full IOSU there would still be very little homebrew. I think the Wii U scene could have been more alive it had started a few years ago when there was at least some interest.

Reactions: xtheman

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's pretty simple. They community is small, and most of the devs in the wii U scene choose to develop homebrew for things like the 3DS and Vita instead of the dieing wii U. I think even with full IOSU there would still be very little homebrew. I think the Wii U scene could have been more alive it had started a few years ago when there was at least some interest.
I don't think there was any interest in the Wii U before sm4sh

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it were simply an issue of how "alive" the console community is, you wouldn't be using the Vita as an example. It's more an issue of what console can build the most hype and release its respective hack in the shortest amount of time

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we discussed it few times with the staff, and the one with power to do it ... always forgot I guess
@raulpica, could you add a WiiU homebrew section please ?
Don't forget that sweet Noob paradise to go with it. :P

Also maybe add a post message like the one in 3DS homebrew about which firmware can be hacked or modded or whatever, you know, to help avoid threads asking about it. Just something like. "5.5.1 can access homebrew using a web exploit" And maybe list some websites hosting it like loadiine.ovh :)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
The wiiu dev teams howver small are constantly working on homebrews and tossing around ideas for new projects ,, i sit most evenings with a handful of devs chatting , working , laughing .. its fun and engaging.. maybe there isnt a whole host of homebrew weekly , but there is certainly interest from a user stand point.

My server wiiubru has had to date over 32000 downloads via hbas in 3 months , over 50 million KB,s of data. Right there is the interest in homebrew. The developer base is small the user base is huge...

Things are set to improve ( i cannot say any more ) . But rest assured its only going to get better...

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
A homebrew section would be nice, however I'm struggling as how I could still release homebrew games as the games I have been developing are built using the sdk. I am nearly ready to release a test version of a bomberman clone called BomberMonU, I'm sure it will be against the rules of this forum because of the sdk used so it would have to be dumped into a pre-existing nwf title folder to boot from loadiine. I am obviously not allowed to provide an existing title, even if the pre-existing title was free since it's launch with all data, files and meta information stripped out or meta data altered to reflect the new homebrew, only leaving the necessary sdk files needed to work. AFAIK I still can't provide or link to a complete all in 1, loadiine ready, download of any homebrew game I create. It would be a nightmare to expect the end user to put all the necessary files together themselves especially without any information as to where they can obtain the necessary directories and files needed. I suppose it could be uploaded to a torrent site but I still couldn't link to it or say where it was.
What's a dev supposed to do meh.....

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Sure stuff was added but NOTHING RELEVANT. As far as I can see all games run fine in this outdated version.

Relevant TO YOU. I have no idea what point you are trying to make here? Pack up and go home Loadiine devs, piratesephiroth is happy with the April update, job done!!

Dismissing the work of the small amout of homebrew devs we do have is not going to accomplish much.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
An outdated version might start causing problems to recent games.
I dunno. Paper Mario works fine. It's an awful game but works fine.

Relevant TO YOU. I have no idea what point you are trying to make here? Pack up and go home Loadiine devs, piratesephiroth is happy with the April update, job done!!

Dismissing the work of the small amout of homebrew devs we do have is not going to accomplish much.
As far as I can see all that was added was that half-assed DLC support and compatibility with 3rd party controllers.
All the other patches are minor fixes mostly regarding stuff they broke with the new changes.

Reactions: guisadop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s