Can anyone fix my N3DS XL here (without sending it to Nintendo 「ニンテンド」)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RSA6974, Feb 24, 2016.

1. RSA6974
    OP

RSA6974 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2011
    United States
    SO I stupidly tried to hardmod my N3DS purchased in June with 9.2.0-20U preinstalled (yay me!) and trying to reassemble it gives me the symptoms where the blue led on the LED "strip" (power, charging, wireless) goes on and off and the pop associated with this problem.

I hope anyone here have extra parts as my circle pad ribbon cable is all bent up and one of the flaps broke and fell apart (the one near the IR and has a grey flap.)

I REALLY don't want to send this to Nintendo 「ニンテンド」since I had to send it to them once in November when the touchpad had a problem specific to my device.

Is there anyone on gbatemp who are willing to devote their time to fix my 3DS? I can't spend money for a new one and since I'm afraid that buying a new one would give me > Ver. 10.3.0-28U.

(PS: It should be noted that I did not go through with the hardmod since my solder skills suck as hell and that I had a fat tip. Also, I wonder if anyone would like to hardmod mine as well. There's already solder on DAT0. I thankfully, backed up my sysNAND before my destruction so if flashing is necessary, I'll send you my NAND.).

Last edited by RSA6974, Feb 24, 2016
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I don't know the insides of any XL, but if that was one of the video cables, tough luck... it's well known that for no real reason they don't boot if they don't see both backlights connected and working!

3. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    even if you want to send it to nintendo, you can't since you already voided the warranty.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai snart

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    Well, you could but you'd have to pay for the repairs.

5. JacksonS

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    I've recently done several mods with my N3DS XL, so I could certainly look at yours. I cannot garuntee your issues will be fixed because I haven't dealt with a console that won't boot.

6. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    I bet he lifted the "spring" clip that's not meant to be bent. That is the most common reason for the "pop" error.