Can anyone find everyone's pokemon ranch?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JJBro1, Jun 10, 2008.

Jun 10, 2008
  1. JJBro1
    OP

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I can't find it anywhere, has anyone found it?

2. deba94

Member deba94 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hasn't been dumped... yet.

I'm debating whether or not to download it and dump it. How many people actually would enjoy this?

3. cosmo2389

Member cosmo2389 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I may want to try it out... Not sure if it would recognize my flashcart though... That's why I want to try it, that and of course to see if I like it... If I did I would buy it officially then!

4. Rykin

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I bought it today. It doesn't work with the R4. It white-screens live PBR does when it connects to the Wii. However, I have an actual Peal cart, so the $10 wasn't wasted. :>

5. deba94

Member deba94 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    What's the r4 firmware you're using?
    Thanks for the info btw [​IMG]

6. JJBro1
    OP

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i would. I have the original games so it'll work for me. Come on you can play with your miis and pokemon at the same time! You can even take pictures and save them to your sd card. Sounds like epic fun right........right? [​IMG]

7. Anorhc

Member Anorhc GBAtemp Regular

United States

Interesting. I wonder if it works when injecting a save file back into a Pokemon D/P cartridge.

8. ZombiePosessor

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Same

9. Jademalo

Member Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Confirmed, usig EZ-3-in-1 Save dumper thing by rudolph, and converting it with shunyweb.info.

10. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    You can inject saves into a real diamond/pearl cartridge?! That's awesome! Any way of extracting saves from the real cartridge?
    And I'll probably play this if it gets dumped, but it sounds incredibly boring. Also, when you transfer Pokemon from your game to Everyone's Pokemon Ranch, do your Pokemon disappear from D/P? Or does it not work like that?
    [​IMG]

11. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Yes, saves are even compatible between US and Japanese carts of Diamond/Pearl. It's very odd Nintendo didn't put in checks to prevent that. Like their region lock for the Pal Park and linking to Battle Revolution.

But it allows a few neat tricks. Such temporarily moving a US save to a Japanese cart to reach Darkrai and Shaymin, then putting back on the US one before catching them.

12. Trolly

United Kingdom
    Wow, awesome. I've never seen this around before. I'll go Google how to do it...

Okay, I Google'd, and I couldn't find a blind thing. Any chance someone could PM me on how to do this? And how to get the save from from D/P cartridges as well. Thanks in advance.

13. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    ETool3 can use ANY Slot 2 cart (real or flash) to backup a DS cart save.

If your using a real GBA cart, just don't expect to get the save back, or even play the game much longer...

With a flash cart, just wipe it, and put GBA/NDS back on... Great lil tool that is... can transfer from real to .sav... then you can save it to your PC with the GBA reader, or toss in a second DS card of same game, and transfer it to that one...

Just Google!

14. Trolly

United Kingdom
    Sorry for driving this whole thing off-topic. But out of interest can I backup GBA saves to my slot-1 cartridge? And, I looked around on Google for ages, and found different versions of ETool, none of them really specifying what to do or whether it was compatible with my R4 and EZ 3-in-1. Any chance of some links?
    And thanks again.

On Topic:
    I assume no-one can find this still? Do none of you know how to dump it?

15. Anorhc

Member Anorhc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You are able to inject or dump saves files in RAW format from and to your original carts. I'm too lazy to search, but google "SavSender", and it will do what you want it to do. I did this about a week ago. Works fine.

16. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    No, you can't put Slot 2 saves on a Slot 1 card... you can only to Slot 1 to Slot 2... and if you say that really fast, it sounds very dirty...

NDS to GBA, but no GBA to NDS... sorry!

You might be able to find a GBA cart reader and backup your save that way... I know with my XROM reader I can.

17. Trolly

United Kingdom
    Ah okay, that's fine.
    Yeah, I finally found that after searching constantly, but I need this thing called "netcat". But it's such an old application, it's proving impossible to find, any links I have found are broken. Any chance you could upload it? Sorry for the hassle.
    You woulda thought this stuff would be easy to find.

EDIT:
    Yay, I finally found it, no need to upload. Sorry.

EDIT 2:
    It just took me like an hour to work it all out and dump one save. I know it's not something many people want to do, but it's so difficult to find and carry out. It would be awesome if someone did a comprehensive tutorial detailing what methods to use with which flash cards.

18. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    If you have a GBA-Slot flashcard like the Supercard SD, use Rein17a. It works flawlessly for all DS save dumping and restoring things, assuming you get it to run.

19. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    Ugh.

My GF downloaded this from the Wii Shop Channel and IMO, it's a waste of money and/or bandwidth to download it. Anyone remember Pokemon Box? Well, if you don't, basically it was a "game" released for the GC that allowed you to store and keep track of your Pokemon. Pokemon Ranch takes it to another level. It allows you to interact with your Pokemon using one of the Mii's stored on your Wii. It this supposed to be fun? My GF thinks so...I'm thinking about leaving her [​IMG]

20. supersonic88

Member supersonic88 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wow...you should be happy your GF even likes games..most women don't (im lucky my wife loves games)
    jerk..