Can anyone explain to me -

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Jacob91, Jul 19, 2007.

Jul 19, 2007

Can anyone explain to me - by Jacob91 at 1:56 PM (1,099 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Jacob91
    OP

Newcomer Jacob91 Member

United States
    I got my r4 a couple days ago, and downloaded the newest firmware, but now I have a big problem. You see, I bought the r4 mainly to have multiple Mario Kart DS saves handy at one (Hardcore Time-trialer here...) But you see, I need some special Action Replay codes to slow the game down to 100cc so that I can play at wifi speed to refine my skill there. I thought that you could add the code to the action replay database easily, but it turns out I was wrong. I also need a couple other codes. Finding the codes isn't a problem, but how do I actually put the codes IN THE ACTION REPLAY code database so that I can turn them on or off whenever I want, and make sure that all of the Mario Kart save files have this option?

I checked the sticky, but I don't understand if that's the answer I'm looking for or not.

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    That sticky is the answer you are looking for.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    What's your time in Time Trials Figure 8 Circuit [​IMG]?

On topic: The cheat sticky at the top has information on how to input your own cheats, or you can browse this forum or R4's forum (if it comes back online) for user-made usrcheat.dat files

4. Jacob91
    OP

Newcomer Jacob91 Member

United States
    My figure 8 circuit time is 1:20:440, although that's bad for comparison, it's my worst course.

Thanks guys. Of three separate communities I tried yours has the only answers.

5. Jacob91
    OP

Newcomer Jacob91 Member

United States
    Ugh, I am terrible with instructions.

I'm at the part of the FAQ that says "Software needed".

And I've downloaded and extracted the cheat code editor but don't know which folder on the microSD to put it into.
    And there are 4 files in the folder, do I put all 4 files on the r4 or just the cheat code editor?

Sorry I'm clueless, I read the other FAQ and found no answers there.

6. retman

Banned retman Banned

United Kingdom
    you put your usrcheat.dat in _system_ along with a cheat database.

LMAO OMFG you dont put the editor on your card.

7. Jacob91
    OP

Newcomer Jacob91 Member

United States
    ...Lmao. omg, I feel absolutely stupid, thanks for clearing that up, as it's made apparent, I'm an absolute idiot. But that's okay, because I don't act like I'm not.

8. Jacob91
    OP

Newcomer Jacob91 Member

United States
    Sorry for the double post but editing will seem silly for me because a new post means It's more likely to be read.

A cheat database? Like what? An XML file? And Mario Kart DS already has cheats for it, how will adding new codes affect that?