Can anyone do a favor for me? :3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SnacksHacks, Oct 20, 2009.

Oct 20, 2009
  1. SnacksHacks
    OP

Newcomer SnacksHacks Advanced Member

United States
    Hey everyone. I'm new to these forums.

Well I'm in a situation [​IMG] . Waninkoko made a Firmware Updater v4.2 that updates your Wii to v4.2 but it keeps the homebrew. My Wii is bricked, but I have BootMii installed. For some reason my Wii remote will not work unless I am playing a game with Gecko OS. Well at the beginning of the Firmware Updater it asks me to press A to continue. I can't do that, because my Wii remote won't work unless in-game. So I can't press A.

So the favor I am asking is can someone make a mod of Firmware Updater 4.2 to work with the GameCube controller? If they can, that would be awesome because if I update to firmware 4.2 it will fix my Wii completely! [​IMG]

I will attach the application so you can mod it. Thanks!!! [​IMG]

~Snacks [​IMG]

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    you just need to reinstall you cIOS and your wii remote will work again

3. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I know there are WAD Managers out there with Gamecube controller support....since you have BootMii, it should be safe to install IOS70 then the System Menu 4.2 of your region.

4. SnacksHacks
    OP

United States
    Wow, thanks for replying everyone.

@xzxero: I can't reinstall my cIOS because the installers require a Wii Remote.

@9th_Sage: I have a Wad Manager that works like the Savegame Installer (by pressing RESET to start) but where will I find wads of system menu 4.2 and IOS70? I have an application called DopIOS that can download any IOS with GC pad support, but I still need a wad of system menu 4.2. [​IMG]

I did end up seeing a video of how to downgrade, and he included cIOS 250, so xzxero I might try that. If my Wii Remote then starts to work, all I have to do is downgrade! [​IMG]

~Snacks [​IMG]

5. SnacksHacks
    OP

United States
    @xzxero: I installed cIOS 249, because I found a wad manager with GC pad support, but my Wii remote still doesn't sync with the Wii. I really don't know what to do now...

~Snacks [​IMG]

6. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    did you try unplugging the wii for a while? then trying it again seems weird if the ios is there then the wiimote should work right?

7. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    How did you brick your Wii to begin with,
    By some chance did you happen to uninstall the system menu?

8. alexcalibur

Member alexcalibur GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The newest dop ios mod can download the system menu and channels, so you can use that. Some people have reported problems with it crashing, but if you can find his latest beta, that's what I used with no problems to upgrade to 4.2

Just make sure you have the ios you need before you download the system menu.

9. SnacksHacks
    OP

United States
    @vettacossx, BlackAce83, alexcalibur: This is how I bricked my Wii. I used WUFE to extract the update files from a game. The update files were for 3.3U system menu. Most of them were all wad files, and the last one was one called "RVL-Sysmenu-v(can't remember the version number, something in the 300s)". I installed that one using Wad Manager. It was a success, and it said "restarting Wii..." But it never restarted. It said that message for like 5 minutes, then I just turned off the Wii manually. I turned it back on, and I got nothing on the screen. Black. I have BootMii, so I went into the Homebrew Channel and I tried uninstalling the wad. After I did that, that's when my Wii remote stopped working. It's been this way since.

@vettacossx: Well xzxero told me that all I have to do is install the cIOS again, and my Wii remote will work. I did that with cIOS 249.wad and nothing was different.

@BlackAce83: I probably uninstalled the system menu (what an idiot I am!). So I think you're right.

@alexcalibur: I did something similar to that yesterday, and it didn't do anything. I downloaded all the IOSs from NUSD, and then I downloaded the system menu 4.2 and Shopping Channel v17. I installed all of those via a mod of wad manager with the GC pad. Nothing was fixed. I will try using DOP-IOS mod. Never heard of a mod of it.

Thanks for replying everyone.

~Snacks [​IMG]

10. Thomas83Lin

United States
    Ok then so you uninstalled the system menu, you'll need to re-install your system menu and its IOS
    but thats not all then you'll need to re-install your system settings,
    you can try using this package to re-install your system settings, Thats Why your Wii-mote's aren't syncing

GC Controller required
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i2ziyj2v1ym

11. SnacksHacks
    OP

United States
    @BlackAce83: Thanks for all the uselful posts! [​IMG] I installed 4.2U and IOS70 already (when I go to BootMii it says I have 4.2U) but I don't know if I have the IOS installed correctly. Can I just DOP it in DOP-ios? I'll try your package to get the Wii remotes working. Thanks again!!! [​IMG]

Wow, I still can't believe I was stupid enough to uninstall the system menu... [​IMG]

~Snacks [​IMG]

EDIT: It didn't work... when I tried GC settings fix, it gives me a bounch of errors, then it says (when I press A) "not system menu! quitting!". I installed my system menu 4.2 as a wad, so I don't know what the problem is...

~Snacks [​IMG]

12. masterdeluxe247

Newcomer masterdeluxe247 Member

United States
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just restore your NAND?

13. Thomas83Lin

United States
    I'm going to test it out myself to see if i can get it working,
    It might have something to do with a IOS i'm not sure

But here a thread to learn more about your problem
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158091

If he has one yes, if not then it wouldn't be

14. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    yea you have boomii why all the fuss?
    just restore your nand

15. Thomas83Lin

United States
    Ok i checked the program it needs a older version IOS36 installed i tested if IOS36 was missing and i got the No System Menu Error so try installing a Older IOS36, cause the program works fine for me and make sure you have the setting.Txt on the root of your sd card.

16. SnacksHacks
    OP

United States
    @masterdeluxe247: I never backed it up in the first place, because I thought that to be brick-proof you just had to have BootMii. I learned alot more about it after the brick.

@BlackAce83: Thanks for testing it out. So to get an older version of IOS36 I would just install one from NUSD? I'll try that.

@xzxero: Like I said to masterdeluxe247, I never backed it up in the first place because I didn't know how.

@BlackAce83: Yeah, I read the readme in the package. I have the setting.txt on the root of the SD card.

Thanks for replying everyone, you are very helpful, especially BlackAce83!

~Snacks [​IMG]

17. Thomas83Lin

United States
    IOS36 v1042 should work, Thats the one i used, that should be fine sense your Wii is a Older Wii

18. SnacksHacks
    OP

United States
    I tried all the older versions of IOS36 and none of them worked.

EDIT: I tried IOS36 v1042 and that one wouldn't even install. It gave me (ERROR ret -1011).

19. Thomas83Lin

United States
    Wonder why its not installing, can you use Dop-IOS to install it,
    if you can get it patched or installed the program would work
    Try using Dop IOS V6 running off of IOS249 to install IOS36 v1042 and that should work

edit:
    Dop IOS v6 seems to have a problem with the GC controller v8 by marc works good

20. SnacksHacks
    OP

United States
    @BlackAce83: This time the application progressed, it said "Installing Filesystem Driver...OK!" I pressed A on the GC controller and it asked me "setting.txt not found. Backup to SD card?" I press Yes and it gives me ERROR ret -1011. My Wii remote still doesn't work.