Hacking Can anybody take a picture of the ds slot?

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Well, the whole story is that my annoying 5.5 year old brother, opened my mk3(it's pretty easy to open), took the hardware out, closed the plastic and put it into my ds, and open trying to push it in(to take the casing out of the ds slot), it was stuck. I kept trying to remove it untill i did and then i put my sm64ds card in the slot and it didnt detect it, so i cant run any ds cards now
cry.gif
:'(
cry.gif

I opened the DS, and tried to fix what I can in the slot, but since my ds's battery is empty and I can't find the charger yet, so i still need to find it before seeing if the slot is fixed.
When i look into the ds slot carefully, i see two pins bent a bit to top, and can't see anything else that's clear, so i want a picture to know how is the slot supposed to look like. I will try taking a picture of mine as soon as possible.

P.S.: if you didnt know yet, it's a DS Phat.

Thanks for the help again.

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
(sorry for the overload of smileys, but this is really sad for me...)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Believe it or not I had the exact same problem a while back caused by similar circumstances.

What had happened is a pin (specifically the one furthest to my right with the DS slot pointing up and towards me, however it may be different for you) had been bent.

What I suggest doing is taking off the back of the DS and then desoldering the DS slot cover (you will need to apply some pressure to the solder joint when doing this but be careful as you can detach the footing from the PCB if you are not careful.
Now the case being off you can bend the pin back and try it out (with the case off), get it working and rebuild the DS.

I do not suggest poking a screwdriver into the hole and trying it as you run the risk of fatigue failure in the pin (happened to me).

You will need a soldering iron (no real skill needed with one, if you can hold a pencil you are in) and a triwing screwdriver (you will probably not find one anywhere so make one with an old watchmakers/glasses repair set and a file, it took me 5 minutes and cost me less than what postage would be from an internet site).

You will however need to find your charger for this one.

While you are at it you could even do an LED modification on your DS: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33863

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou