Can anybody here fix DS phats?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by JDMEVOIXMR, Aug 7, 2008.

Aug 7, 2008
  1. JDMEVOIXMR
    OP

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay, a while back I attempted to case mod my DS phat and failed. The ribbon cable connecting both screens ripped. Now, I made a second attemp with another ribbon cable, and it still won't power on. I charged the battery and everything. I am also having fitness problems with the replacement case. Can anyone here help me out or point me to someone who could repair it for cheap?

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    My dad is like excellent at fixing electronics. He fixed my DS Phat that has blown a fuse and he fixed it for me. He is also VERY good at soldering things. He is going to solder in my Wiikey this weekend when I get it. Your problem sounds like something my dad can fix. Message back if your interested.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Ask thieves like us

He's very skilled with DS Lites, so he should be able to handle a DS phat as well.
    Plus, he's very trustworthy.

4. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ed_kar_3 on eBay. He does a repair service for DS's and he's REALLY good. He gets it done and back to you really fast. And you know he's trustworthy, because he hasn't gotten a bad report on it! He did my DS Lite awhile ago, and it was good as new when it came back! My advice - go with him!

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Just send it to me. I promise I won't steal it.