can anybody help me about white screen delay?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kayjay, May 25, 2008.

May 25, 2008
  1. kayjay
    OP

Newcomer kayjay Member

Korea, South
    i was origianally r4 user and i wanted to use 4g memory, i heard ak2 is better so i choose it.
    but i was disappointed at ak2 with kingston 2g(japan, fat16).
    i felt its white screen delay(the world ends with you(u), screen changing at calling menu, returning to the game) is longer than r4.
    to be sure, i tested in detail.
    first, r4 with kingston 2g and i called menu and returned to the game with the start button repeatedly 10 times. it took 30 seconds.
    second, ak2 with the same memory, same condition, and the same task. it took 40 seconds.
    there's exactly 1 sec delay and this delay occured at screen changing.
    i don't have sdhc 4g memory. so if anybody have faster memory than kington 2g, please test for me and indicate or anybody who knows why please tell me.
    if sdhc4g performs better, i would quit whining and buy a new memory [​IMG]
    otherwise, i would change my cart..

thanks

2. kayjay
    OP

Newcomer kayjay Member

Korea, South
    i didn't mention about other facts; ak2 with official firm/the newest bliss firm (results were same), r4ds with 1.18

3. vboy

Newcomer vboy Member

Australia
    it took me 30 seconds on my ak2 with 4gb sdhc. i don't think there is anything wrong with the firmware. pretty sure its sd card dependent.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Some people claim that the Panasonic formatter helps with card speed. If you get a microSDHC, make sure it's a class 6.

-Bri