Gaming can any one tell me what this is?

nukeboy95

Old skool member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is in the slot 2 and what does it do
14m6rdj.jpg

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it could be a developer's kit of some sort, or maybe something that allows you took up your DS to a TV...?

I'm not sure, myself. A google reverse image search brings up no results, so I can't just find the website it came from...

nukeboy95

Old skool member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it could be a developer's kit of some sort, or maybe something that allows you took up your DS to a TV...?

I'm not sure, myself. A google reverse image search brings up no results, so I can't just find the website it came from...
i cant quite remember where i found this but i dont think it for a dev

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSMem I think. If it is, it's pretty rare. Amadeus from dslinux made them. Does it have an RS232 interface? I'm pretty sure that's what it is though.

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have it now in person and it says "ds (original)" and when turned on on the slot 2 part it says "option pak"

I can confirm this.

@[member='jimmy']: The connection definitely isn't RS232. It's a simple five contact interface.

EDIT: A quick Google for Guitar Hero DS seems to indicate this is the mount for the Guitar Hero accessory. Nothing special.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have it now in person and it says "ds (original)" and when turned on on the slot 2 part it says "option pak"

I can confirm this.

@[member='jimmy']: The connection definitely isn't RS232. It's a simple five contact interface.

EDIT: A quick Google for Guitar Hero DS seems to indicate this is the mount for the Guitar Hero accessory. Nothing special.
thank you

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Doesn't look it, unless it's only partially assembled. I'll have a look at my girlfriend's grip, it does seem to have some screws near the ending.

guitar-hero-grip-controller-for-nintendo-ds-lite_ldez1260412849046.jpg

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't look it, unless it's only partially assembled. I'll have a look at my girlfriend's grip, it does seem to have some screws near the ending.

guitar-hero-grip-controller-for-nintendo-ds-lite_ldez1260412849046.jpg
guitar-hero-controller-with-stickers-for-nds-and-ds-lite_yrtklo1316402999228.jpg

Must be a different model.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked out the Easy Piano game, but wasn't able to find pics of it disassembled.

Scratch that it seems the Easy Piano game only worked on the Lite and you mentioned it says DS original.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Judging from the amount of pins on the adapter (Button 1, Button 2, Button 3, Button 4 and Pin 5 = Ground) I'm guessing this has to be the guitar hero one indeed, and seeing that the disassembled picture matches, I have no objections with this assessment.

@[member='Click This']

was spot-on. I'm sort of suprised, I didn't know you could take that grip apart like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche